PDA

View Full Version : help me with some research!

rob123ufl
09-23-2008, 19:44
Hey all,

My name is Rob Kowalski, trailname Ruby Tuesday. I am a student at University of Florida studying religion. I did the first couple hundred miles from Springer starting in March and met quite a few hikers. I am working on a thesis regarding spiritual journeys, unconventional travel, unconventional worship, etc. I know you warm folks won't be inconvenienced to take some time and answer these questions for me. Here is a brief project description and the questionnaire:

I am conducting research based on two populations: thru-hikers of the Appalachian Trail and travelers in south Asia. The research aims to address issues of spirituality and unconventional travel, while examining where they intersect and diverge. If you need any clarification or aren’t content with my project description, you can email me at [email protected]

Questionnaire:

1)What is your age, sex, occupation?
2)What is your social, religious, and political background?
3)Please describe the nature of your trip.
4)What circumstances lead you to undertake this trip?
5)Describe any transformations, consciousness shifts, or ideological developments that may have taken place within you on your trip. If none, please note.
6)What aspect of your journey has had the most impact on you?
7)Describe your relationships with co-travelers.
8)Describe the reintegration process into your home society following your trip.
9)Do you intend to undertake a trip of similar scope again?

Please email me the answers. Thanks, and much love to all AT enthusiasts.

Bearpaw
09-23-2008, 20:22
Please respect Rob123ufl's request to e-mail responses directly to him.

rob123ufl
09-24-2008, 11:38
I also want to welcome any questions, comments or suggestions here as well. Let me make it clear that this is a non-secular academic project. I am not trying to ascribe any religiosity or transcendence beyond the experiences of the individual.

rob123ufl
09-25-2008, 17:43
anybody considering or working on this, by any chance?

JAK
09-25-2008, 18:05
Email will be sent, but first I just gotta say...

very cool trail name

Pedaling Fool
09-25-2008, 20:42
Been kinda busy, but been playing with it; I'll try and get it out soon.

rob123ufl
09-28-2008, 23:39
thanks to all interested. just posting to keep this on the radar. let me know what you guys think are interesting questions to ask.

-ruby