PDA

View Full Version : Need trail report please !

RAT
09-24-2008, 14:07
I am planning a week of hiking starting this coming Monday and was just wondering how the water supplies are currently in my area as they have been very very dry lately. I did a work trip on my section (Spivey Gap to Little Bald) not long ago and it was very dry and the Southbounders I met talked of dry conditions also.
I am thinking about the Devils Fork Gap to Allen Gap section (Jerry Cabin shelter etc) and would like to know if anyone has been there recently or knows anyone who has to get a report on how the water supplies are there before I decide to make that my destination.
BolDar was at Hogback Ridge this past week and reports spring running fine there.

Any info is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
RAT

Blissful
09-24-2008, 14:20
Wow I don't know where I read it but I thought somoene said a while back the spring at Jerry cabin was dry. Maybe do a search (?)

Blissful
09-24-2008, 14:22
Found it

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41146&highlight=Jerry+Cabin

RAT
09-24-2008, 23:46
Thanks much, sure doesn't sound good. I know where a lot of springs are off the trail in the backcountry thru there that I am sure have water but was hoping I wouldn't have to resort to that. if anyone has any better news please let me know. I need to think of a plan B section now :(

RAT

Sly
09-25-2008, 00:50
Yo Rat, are you Hobocentral Rat?

RAT
09-25-2008, 00:51
Of course I am , how many RAT>PATROL`s are there ?? LOL