PDA

View Full Version : Great place to look for outdoors clothing

Mrs Baggins
09-25-2008, 07:42
I was browsing around in our local TJ Maxx yesterday and went to the "Active Clothing" racks. I found a Royal Robbins fleece zip front jacket (retails for $85 on the RR website) for $14.99 and a Columbia 'Nubby" sweater ($39.95) for $12.99. They also had Columbia and North Face travel shirts for $12.99. In the past I've gotten Nike Dri-Fit shirts for $12 when they were in the local sporting goods store for $36 - in the exact same style and color. While the items I bought aren't suitable for backpacking they are great for day hikes and just being outdoors. :sun

Cabin Fever
09-25-2008, 08:03
I have been saying this for months. TJ Maxx and Ross are the place to go for outdoor apparel. You can buy lots of Nike Dri-Fit, Adidas, Russell Athletic, etc. for next to nothing. I bought a Marmot travel shirt for 5 bucks a little while back. You ruin one - out $10, no biggie. I have even started getting rid of all cotton tees and going with these shirts for working around the house.

WILLIAM HAYES
09-25-2008, 11:05
Thanks will check it out on the way home tonite

Wags
09-25-2008, 15:19
yup i get a lot of gear at marshall's, which is pretty much the same thing as tj max. nike dri-fit apparel is probably my favorite gear for hiking and any outdoor activity or sport. i also pick up all my merino socks there. they sell smartwool and icebreaker socks for $5 a pair b/c of 'cosmetic defects only'.

JAK
09-25-2008, 15:42
I just came back from Maine where I picked up some very good merino wool sweaters for $20 each. I picked up one at the L.L.Bean Outlet in Bangor, and the others at Marshalls in Bangor. Didn't see anything for $20 in Freeport though, even at the L.L.Bean Outlet store. There is often stuff at Marden's, but I didn't get there this trip.

Oh yeah, also got some excellent silk underwear at the L.L.Bean outlet in Bangor.
$20 a piece, tops and bottoms.