PDA

View Full Version : Leaving-Virginia

2009ThruHiker
09-25-2008, 20:49
We-are-looking-to-leave-VA-for-GA-on-april,25,26,or27.---We-r-unsure-of-how-we
are-getting-there...but-welcome-cheap-suggestions!______Possible-ride-share-with-anyone???

sorry-broken-spacebar

2009ThruHiker
09-29-2008, 21:08
actually we are looking at leaving march 28th....if there is anyone my wife and I could share a ride with leaving VA that would be great!

Blissful
09-29-2008, 21:45
That's going to be tough to find a ride for a particular time and from someone who would need to be coming from Va and up north and are driving. Might look into alternate plans like Amtrak, bus, etc. Or maybe a good friend or relative?

2009ThruHiker
09-30-2008, 08:59
That's going to be tough to find a ride for a particular time and from someone who would need to be coming from Va and up north and are driving. Might look into alternate plans like Amtrak, bus, etc. Or maybe a good friend or relative?

that's a good point.... we will definitely go with public transit if we can't findd anyone as most of our family is to tied down to jobs to drive down...i just thought with sharing gas it might help someone out and us at the same time...

Blissful, what did u do last year when u left VA? How did u get to the trailhead? Just curious. Thanks!

phillycheze
10-30-2008, 10:30
travel suggestion: ride down with my wife to my parents farm, sleep in a house for one last night (they have a cool guest house), then get shuttled to springer the following day. what do u think?

adventurousmtnlvr
10-30-2008, 21:41
I sent you a PM for another possibility .. perhaps from myself. Nothing in stone yet though ... but possible