PDA

View Full Version : Mitylight? Or another couple's bag

gravityman
03-16-2004, 17:06
Welp, looking for a summer bag that my wife and I can share. Use will be the Long trail this summer for 3 weeks, the AT next summer when the weather warms up enough, and the Colorado Trail (assuming the weather is warm enough - which I have told other people that it isn't, but when it comes to weight, all of a sudden it sure seems like it should be :)

So, was looking at down quilts/ semirectangular bags that will be lighter than our 2 ultralight WM bags which we can zip together (52 oz = 3 lb 4 oz.)

Came up with 2 possible WM bags - one is the Mitylight (26 oz) for 40F and the other is the Aspen (35 oz) for 25 F. The mitylight sure looks like the winner for weight. Wish it was a tad warmer (30F) but it is a sewn thru bag, which limits the warmth. Essentially the mitylight is the same weight as one of our UL bags (which we have used just one bag over both of us, but my wife always losses the tugging match) but a lot more bag (at the cost of warmth.

So, does anyone have any experience with this bag? How does the sew-thru really effect performance?

Does anyone else have any suggestions from someone else? Looked at feathered friends, but the weight was more than the mitylight.

Gravity Man