PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Rocket

Reid
09-28-2008, 23:57
My rocket seems to be clogged or something. I twist it on and it works, then the next time I twist it on and it doesn't work (doesn't release the gas). Is this something with the canister or with my rocket? I fiddle with it taking it on and off and eventually it works but should I be aware of anything in regards to cleaning it or maybe I'm not getting the right seal. . . anything along those lines sound familiar?

mtnkngxt
09-29-2008, 07:39
Could be your canister is empty? If not try getting it to light and then turn it on full blast for a few (maybe 3) minutes then slowly wean it down to a low blue flame and let that run for a few minutes.

Foyt20
09-29-2008, 13:42
Did you try another canister?

Blissful
09-29-2008, 14:13
I noticed the threading on mine is getting a little worn from use, might be the seal isn't good on it (?). I've never heard of actually needing to clean it. Also, some canisters are better than others. I very much ilke Snowpeak for performance rather than MSR.

Reid
09-30-2008, 00:47
Plenty of fuel. I've spilt a few things while cooking on it too. I guess I'm contemplating buying a new one really I just don't want to spend more than needed. It's actually new too.

Panzer1
09-30-2008, 04:07
Look at it this way. It will be fun to buy a new stove..:)

Panzer