PDA

View Full Version : Question re: FS#42 (Georgia)

deeddawg
03-17-2004, 11:56
What's the easiest/quickest way to shuttle a vehicle from Woody Gap to the lot below Springer? Can I pick up USFS#42 from near Suches/Gooch Gap and take it over there, or do I need to go the long way around through Dahlonega?

Thanks.

Almanac
03-17-2004, 12:33
Hey deeddawg,

From Woody Gap, continue north on Hwy 60. Across from the lake at the bottom of the hill, turn left at Tritt's Store (boarded up) onto Cooper Gap Road. You'll go through Gooch Gap almost immediately after you hit the dirt road, then Cooper Gap (road to the Ranger Camp comes in from the left, FS 80, maybe?). Stay on FS 42 and you'll eventually get to Springer!

Almanac

deeddawg
03-17-2004, 12:49
That's what I thought should work, thanks for the confirmation!

smokymtnsteve
03-17-2004, 13:14
do not leave a vehicle at that parking lot...there are a lot of break ins there

well sorry didn't mean to tell you what to do but do so at your own risk.

deeddawg
03-17-2004, 14:36
do not leave a vehicle at that parking lot...there are a lot of break ins there

well sorry didn't mean to tell you what to do but do so at your own risk.Which lot -- Woody Gap or Springer? Will explore other options, thanks for the heads-up.

I do take the usual precautions; vehicles are older, have stock sound systems, no valuables, nothing left in the vehicles. Haven't had any issues to date (knock wood).

smokymtnsteve
03-17-2004, 14:42
eithier...esp fs 42 at springer, a better plan would be to use

www.hikerhostel.com shuttle into springer for $20 (I think)

they have parking or fellow whiteblaze.net member coosa lives nearby, I think she lets folks park at her place.