PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Boots

RedneckRye
09-29-2008, 23:44
This is kind of weird.
The garage here at the house got broken into sometime today.
We just moved in about a month ago, so there are still a lot of boxes of "non-essential" stuff out there waiting to get organized into the house. Whoever pried open the door took the obvious things - my housemates bikes (luckily I was out riding over the weekend and my new road bike is locked up in the back of the truck), some tools, an unused TV, and the computer printer. They opened up a box full of CD's, but they must not be metal fans because they didn't take them.
The weird thing they took was a pair of my boots out of a box full of shoes and random junk that was on the floor of the closet at the old place. Some Kayland Contacts, big heavy wear them around in the winter thru the slush kind of boots. Not new boots, fairly broken in pair of boots. Strange.
They also left the DVD player and several boxes of books which I have moved several times and not unboxed in a couple of years.
If they had taken those boxes, I might not be so irritated about the bikes and other items.
Oh well, life goes on and it was only replaceable things.

Bearpaw
09-29-2008, 23:48
It still sucks. My condolences. I hope they catch the jerks.

Good hearing from you at least. It sure doesn't seem like 9 years since I met you on the AT....

RedneckRye
09-30-2008, 07:51
I was out riding this weekend on the Great Allegheny Passage Trail with Angus, also from '99.
The neighborhood here is a bit on the marginal side and the cop that was here last night said there have been a string of garage break ins over the last 4 or 5 days.
I'm not holding much hope for seeing our stuff again any time soon.

wrongway_08
09-30-2008, 13:44
Tell your neighbors about this going on around your area. Hopefully one of them will catch them in the act and make them pay for what they have done - make them pay BEFORE they call the police.

It would be nice for you to get your items back but they are most likely already pawned or sold. Sorry to hear about this happpening to yo.

Blissful
09-30-2008, 21:02
Sorry that happened. Hope you notified the police.

Yahtzee
09-30-2008, 21:12
You say you were out with Angus, eh? Was he in your sight at all times? I've hiked with that character and, let me tells ya, he has a boot fetish. My internet CSI skills tell me all the other "stuff" was taken just to throw you off of Angus' scent.

RedneckRye
10-01-2008, 04:22
You say you were out with Angus, eh? Was he in your sight at all times? I've hiked with that character and, let me tells ya, he has a boot fetish. My internet CSI skills tell me all the other "stuff" was taken just to throw you off of Angus' scent.

I've covered many miles with Angus and I know about all of his fetishes, oddities, and perversions. Trust me, he's harmless and way too weak to break thru any type of door even if he had someone to help him carry the tools to the door for him.

By the way, what were you doing on monday, and can anyone vouch for you?

We (actually my house mates, since I was out riding at the time) heard about the garage break in's via the neighborhood e-mail group on monday afternoon. Then Marty got home at 6pm to find our garage door pried open and the overhead door up.

We called the cops (police in my house, even if they are on my side, still really kind of freak me out), told the neighbors, etc, etc, but once the stuff is gone, it is gone.

It is just stuff. Nothing to become some kind of idiot vigilant over. The boxes that are full of stuff that mean something to me are now in the house, probably bound for the basement where they will eventually get flooded or mildewed.

The other boxes that are full of books and other junk will probably sit in the garage, undisturbed, until I move again. They will survive with no problems till the end of time.

Yahtzee
10-01-2008, 09:24
Um, I was in Columbus, Ohio on a "business" trip.

Sucks about the stuff, sucks more about the violation of personal space.

Next time you talk to Angus, tell him I said hello.