PDA

View Full Version : need ideas

TwistedToad
09-30-2008, 12:14
I have an old parachute minus the cords. I have wondering what all I could make out of it. Any helpful suggestions?:-?

Thanks
TwistedToad

George
09-30-2008, 12:25
I had one put up on the ceiling of my bedroom in my younger days

Quoddy
09-30-2008, 12:55
Since it's not waterproof, making a tarp or tent is out. It might be possible to make a hammock or gear bags, but that's about it.

bigcranky
09-30-2008, 13:04
wondering what all I could make out of it.

This? Why, I can make a hat or a brooch or a pterodactyl...

Wags
09-30-2008, 13:21
AIRPLANE! that guy was probably the most underrated funny person in the history of movies

NICKTHEGREEK
09-30-2008, 13:32
I have an old parachute minus the cords. I have wondering what all I could make out of it. Any helpful suggestions?:-?

Thanks
TwistedToad
I used a section for a bottom bed sheet in Viet Nam. I was one of the fortunate ones who slept indoors on a bed pretty much every night

CherrypieScout
09-30-2008, 16:28
Donate it to your local elementary PE department. I use a "real" parachute without all the cords in my PE class. Kids love it!

Ziggy Trek
09-30-2008, 16:54
Some instructors at a jump school near me cut them up and make windbreakers. But that seems pointless since it wouldn't be waterproof.
CherryPie had the idea. You should see the excitement and fun they can bring to a group of kids. They would probably have more fun with it than you.
I had two parachutes a few years back and did the same thing after running out of ideas.

TwistedToad
09-30-2008, 18:28
Donate it to your local elementary PE department. I use a "real" parachute without all the cords in my PE class. Kids love it!

I think I will do just that! I have an elementary school right in front of my house. I'll give them a call tomorrow! Thanks a lot!!