PDA

View Full Version : Re-Supply Update

Jack Tarlin
10-01-2008, 13:16
Sometime this fall I'll be up-dating my article on Re-Supply, which is located in the Articles section of this website. It's been awhile since I did a complete re-vision of this piece, and while it's still pretty accurate, there are probably plenty of things that need to be changed or revised.

It'd be a great help if folks wanted to have a look at the present article (especially folks who hiked this past year!!) and if you see any mistakes or omissions, please let me know, either here on this thread or thru a PM. Likewise, there are a lot of places I didn't mention, so these are especially important. (Except for some small bits and pieces, I haven't hiked much from Harpers Ferry to New England in the past few years, so anyone that has stuff to add on Maryland, PA, or the mid-Atlantic states, well this would be particularly useful).

Any and all ideas and suggestions will be incorporated into the revised version of the Article, which will be published here in time for folks to use it on their trip planning for 2009. I'm especially interested in hearing about places that either never got mentioned, or ones that perhaps recently opened. This includes convenience stores, larger food markets, hostels, you name it. And of course if anyplace has closed, tell us about that, too.

Thanx to anyone who wants to help out with this. I've gotten some pretty good feedback on this piece over the years from a lot of folks, but it needs to be fixed up some, and you guys are the best-equipped folks to help with this, so thanx in advance!

Blissful
10-01-2008, 20:03
Thanks for doing this, Jack. I tell everyone looking for info aobut it, so updates are great to have.

Tagless
10-01-2008, 20:19
This update will be very helpful Jack! Thank you in advance for your willingness to update this wonderful resource. My wife and I definitely will benefit from your upcoming effort as we proceed with our AT thru this Spring.

FatMan
10-01-2008, 20:36
Although you do not mention it in your article, most AT guides list the General Store in Suches as a resuply. The store closed last week. It is for sale so it may re-open under a new owner by next season, but unless there are major concessions in the lease and asking price I doubt it.