PDA

View Full Version : Finding Women's Gear

skymom
10-01-2008, 20:23
Anyone know of one good site to look for women's outdoor gear & clothing? It seems like there isn't a good one stop shop with alot of variety out there. Campmor is pretty good. But wouldn't it be great to find one place that specialized in women's outdoor gear? Your thoughts... :-?

Egads
10-01-2008, 20:37
REI has a pretty good selection of apparel & they are opening a new store in Asheville. Yes, it's still a long way from Oak Ridge NC.

skymom
10-01-2008, 21:07
We've got one in Greensboro that's decent. Also have a Great Outdoor Provision Co. that's ok. Sometimes they both get a little more into "fashion" than something that you can actually get real use out of.

Sweetpea-NC
10-02-2008, 09:19
I agree with the "fashion" statement Skymom. I've found some good things from sierratradingpost.com, outdoordivas.com, womensoutdoor.com. and msoutdoor.com. I have to look really good though. :)

Blissful
10-02-2008, 10:55
Would be nice to have a women specific-only place. But not enough of us outdooursy types out there to warrant it. :( You have to look but deals are there, esp online, if you know what you want.

fehchet
10-02-2008, 10:56
titlenine.com is a good one too, and ibex and isis outdoor clothing

statler
10-02-2008, 12:24
I'll second the rec for Title Nine which used to be the only all-women's sports shop online. Their stuff is top-notch, but you pay through the nose. I still buy bras there, but otherwise just use their catalog for suggestions of what to look for at Campmor. ;)

shoe
10-02-2008, 12:40
Try finding women specific gear for plus size women especially clothes :eek:
It is such a joke. REI is trying to break into the extended sizes but most of their stuff doesn't fit me well. Besides the fact that it's all online so I have to fork over the money before hand.

:::vent over:::

Marta
10-02-2008, 12:53
I get catalogs from Title Nine and Athleta, both of which have some nice-looking clothing.

Almost none of it comes in talls or longs, though, so I have ordered not one thing from them.

If I didn't require tall or long clothing, I'd order all my stuff from Patagonia. Expensive, but will last almost forever. I'm still wearing clothing I bought from them in '93 and before.