PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, cruel world.........

One Leg
03-19-2004, 02:41
Greetings guys & gals:

I wanted to take a moment to say "goodbye" for a season. I am starting my thru-hike attempt on Monday, 3/22/04.

I also wish to publicly thank Jimbo, Jaybird & Baltimore Jack for all the help they've offered me, and I look forward to meeting up with you guys on the trail.

The big question has been "Will he make it?"....I'm gonna promise you that I'm gonna give it everything I've got, and am asking you to pray for me.

Keep checking for my trail journals to be posted at www.onelegwonder.com

Until my return,

Be God's,
Scott "One Leg" Rogers

attroll
03-19-2004, 02:51
Good luck Scott. I wish you the best. I will be checking your site frequently following your progress. I know with your determination you can do this. You have all our support here on WhiteBlaze. Stay in touch.

celt
03-19-2004, 07:14
Safe and happy trails Scott. I hope to see you when you make it up to North Woodstock New Hampshire. A friend of mine will arrive at Amicalola on the 22nd to start his thru hike. If you meet, say hello. His name is Andy, Son of Chuck.

someday
03-19-2004, 14:30
Have a marvelous hike. Hope you see lots of wonder out there. Be safe (I had to say that, it's the mom in me). Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Rain Man
03-19-2004, 15:19
Keep checking for my trail journals to be posted at www.onelegwonder.com
Scott "One Leg" Rogers

Scott.... we'll all look forward to keeping up with your progress and reading your journal.

God bless you and all the hikers in the woods. :)

Rain Man

Chappy
03-19-2004, 23:54
Brother...praying for you.
Isaiah 40:28-31

hiicprn
03-20-2004, 00:14
Live the dream dude and enjoy every minute. I wish you luck and good health sir and may the sun follow you always. Keep in touch.

funkyfreddy
03-20-2004, 00:41
Good luck, have a good time, stay safe, may the Lord protect you and watch over you............ and by God, I wish I was going, too!

Jim Obermeyer
03-20-2004, 06:35
Don't forget the cotton balls and vasoline for starting those fires at night and may the blue bird of happiness never bombard you :jump

tribes
03-20-2004, 10:24
:clap The "cruel world" although jealous and envious, wishes you the best of luck, weather, and trails.

Jaybird
03-20-2004, 10:33
Scott:

I will keep you in my prayers as you put one boot in front of the other all the way to Maine.

The hiker community, all of us here on WhiteBlaze.net are 100% behind you...& you know that in your heart.

Get out there, have fun...get in touch with God's beautiful nature...enjoy all his creations...& creatures (including fellow hikers). :D

We'll talk soon & we'll be looking for your entries on your website:
www.OneLegWonder.com (http://www.OneLegWonder.com)

Roee Dotan
03-20-2004, 12:56
You are one hell of a man !!
And I thought that I am crazy so far to come from Israel to walk the appalachian trail. And here I see you :-)

I wish you the best andg good luck man !!

NJPacker
03-20-2004, 18:41
Scott,
Have a safe and enjoyable journey. I'll be following your journal and wishin' I was on the trail with ya'.