PDA

View Full Version : It's Time to Wear Orange!

Wise Old Owl
10-04-2008, 19:05
While hunting in my local state park for a few GeoCaching spots I almost walked into a few bow hunters. IT's time to wear Orange.

Blissful
10-04-2008, 19:24
Ah yes, celebrate the color of autumn... :)

kayak karl
10-04-2008, 19:28
While hunting in my local state park for a few GeoCaching spots I almost walked into a few bow hunters. IT's time to wear Orange.
We knew that:D http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41484&highlight=orange

Summit
10-04-2008, 22:17
Yep, I'll be wearing this next week unless it's too warm.

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/1/4/3/2/9/image_130.jpg

MedicineMan
10-04-2008, 23:33
I was putting a keen edge on some broadheads this past week...but you've go no worries from me unless you are a big gobbler and tis not that season yet...anyone here use FOBs on their arrows? I'm looking for a drop away rest that is FOB friendly....

Wise Old Owl
10-05-2008, 11:21
You are right MM I have no worries, Here in Pa though the average used to be about 15 per year for our fine state. Then last year a 13 year old shot himself in the foot in the park behind me. But that doesn't mean it can't happen to a hiker. There are a few short sighted ill informed lot out there. I posted the tread, to keep folks informed - And even I forgot when the first day was.

Case in Point
http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_080308WAB_hunting_fatal_accident_SW.f2631a7.htm l

Oh MM ask your local supplier for a drop away for FOB's,

http://www.bowhunting.net/artman/publish/Jason_Balazs_75/Field_Evaluation_-_FOB.shtml

emerald
10-05-2008, 11:44
I posted this thread, to keep folks informed - And even I forgot when the first day was.

To learn what hunters are hunting, go to ATC's Hunting Season Guide (http://www.appalachiantrail.org/site/lookup.asp?c=jkLXJ8MQKtH&b=2106449). Their site was down when I sought to verify my link, but I'll try again later and fix it if it needs fixing.

Tinker
10-05-2008, 21:04
Just tried the link. No luck yet.

Wise Old Owl
10-05-2008, 21:55
Working - PA Oct. 4-Nov. 15 and Dec. 26-Jan. 10. One antlered deer per hunting license year. One antlerless deer with each required antlerless license.

emerald
10-05-2008, 23:27
Just tried the link. No luck yet.

ATC's website is still down or perhaps down again?:( It will be up again soon.

Anyone who desires to know when hunters will be afield in Pennsylvania can click on 2008-2009 Hunting Seasons and Bag Limits (http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/digestpdfs/2008/4_bag_limits.pdf). For more detailed information, select the appropriate *.pdf files here (http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=460&q=174485). Those who have broadband may want to try out the nifty book feature.

Wise Old Owl
10-05-2008, 23:42
I had no trouble...Oh yea it down, no idea.

Reid
10-06-2008, 01:22
The orange really isn't to distinguish yourself from other animals it's to alert a hunter that someone is possibly in the range of fire. Deer cannot see orange, thus the reason why it is so widly used. Most hunter's are not trigger happy in fact we are quite precise as to what we are shooting at. But. ... . stuff happens I guess.

MedicineMan
10-06-2008, 02:03
but that could take out most of the challenge.

superman
10-06-2008, 09:28
The orange really isn't to distinguish yourself from other animals it's to alert a hunter that someone is possibly in the range of fire. Deer cannot see orange, thus the reason why it is so widly used. Most hunter's are not trigger happy in fact we are quite precise as to what we are shooting at. But. ... . stuff happens I guess.

When you consider how many people hunt every year it is an amazingly safe sport. Over 30 years of hunter safety courses has done a great job. I think it was in the 1970s that they made attending a hunter safety course a requirment for getting your license in NH. No one gets rich volunteering to teach hunter safety...it's just a good thing to do. Everyone who gets a NH hunting license knows the 10 commandments of hunter safety. Every tragic hunting accident is a result of a violation of the hunter safety 10 commandments.

The Solemates
10-06-2008, 09:28
i know PA is the worst place to hike during hunting season. more hunters per capita than any other state. i did the laurel highlands trail during opening weak of bear season over thanksgiving this past year and felt like a target. im headed back to PA for my annual thanksgiving week-long hike this year, and I will be decked out head to toe in blaze orange.

leeki pole
10-06-2008, 10:06
I can never figure out why everybody is so worried about bowhunters.. I quit gun hunting years ago. Maximum range is 40 yards. Gun season, absolutely wear orange but bow season, not necessary.

Wise Old Owl
10-06-2008, 23:52
I just don't want to be the amazingly hapless unsafe victim!

Here are PA's released statistics which are pretty good until you see most folks get accidently shot in the woods in broad daylite.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=461&q=171538

emerald
10-07-2008, 00:13
Not surprising, since with few exceptions (http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/digestpdfs/2008/5_huntinghours.pdf) legal hunting occurs only during daylight hours.

weary
10-07-2008, 10:22
Excellent advice. And this year I'm substituting blaze orange fleese, for the blaze orange cotton sweat shirt, I've worn past hunting seasons. The cotton is too stiff and bulky. Yup. I'm just trying to show that I'm not a complete cotton nut.

Weary

max patch
10-07-2008, 10:59
All my hiking shirts are orange. That way I don't have to remember when hunting season starts and stops.

Time To Fly 97
10-07-2008, 11:18
I just got a blaze orange pack cover because it is deer season in NJ for Bow hunters. I feel sketchy about wearing bright colors in the woods though.

Happy hiking!

TTF

Yukon
10-07-2008, 11:22
Just picked up a new blaze orange fleece hat last night for hunting season hiking, I'll look like a beacon hiking in the woods lol...

Wags
10-10-2008, 22:15
wonder if associating hunters w/ orange and bear attacks happening to people wearing orange has any correlation?

emerald
10-11-2008, 11:47
wonder if associating hunters w/ orange and bear attacks happening to people wearing orange has any correlation?

Your post lacks a link providing corroboration for such attacks. Maybe there is a reason for your omission.

superman
10-11-2008, 13:16

Yes, but only on Tuesdays.:)

emerald
10-12-2008, 20:06
HUNTERS WEAR ORANGE

SO SHOULD YOU!

BE SAFE - BE SEEN

Click here (http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=28523&catid=member&imageuser=6796) view see a sign posted at State Game Lands public access areas.

aaroniguana
10-12-2008, 21:32
This has been a discussion on the Google Hiking message board. There seem to be two schools of thought:
a. Those who want to wear natural, subdued colors so as not to upset the natural balance of the woods, and;

b. Those who don't want to get shot.

The way I was always told, there are only two seasons most places. Hunting season and poaching season, so I ALWAYS wear orange. Or at least something so gaudy and bright that there could be no mistake.

emerald
10-12-2008, 22:21
Shades of Gray has always believed wearing natural, subdued colors is desirable when no one is hunting where he hikes. He does not like calling attention to himself. It is not surprising he prefers when others don't call attention to themselves.

He believes poaching occurs mostly near roads or dwellings by scofflaws not wishing to call attention to themselves and that there are far more law abiding hunters than scofflaws.

When and where hunting is permitted, he believes it's wise to wear fluorescent orange. He knows on Pennsylvania State Game Lands between November 15 and December 15 everyone is expected to wear at least a fluorescent orange hat visible from all directions.

Since this time corresponds roughly with the high-powered rifle deer hunting season, he believes PGC is doing the public a service by requiring it and respects their wishes. He thinks letting hunters have the 1st 2 days and Saturdays is a small price to pay for Sundays when no hunting is permitted. He finds other things to do on those days.

The issue seems simple to Shades of Gray, but then he doesn't see a need to create an unnecessary wake when a compromise which has long worked has already been effected.

WILLIAM HAYES
10-12-2008, 22:39
I did the section from Highway 81 to pearisburg saw a ton of bowhunters and a lot of hikers only one was wearing orange I had my orange pack cover on. Better to be safe than sorry Hillbilly

Kerosene
10-13-2008, 10:48
I'm certainly not a hunter, but it seems much less likely that a bow hunter would attempt a snap-shot of an indeterminate animal moving through the forest. I would think that they would need a clear shot from closer range in order to increase their chances of downing the animal. Any hunters out there who have seen different behavior from bow hunters?

Marta
10-13-2008, 11:18
While I certainly agree that it is much less hazardous to hike in all the other hunting seasons besides the main gun-deer season, why not wear blaze orange for all of them? Again, it's like being a pedestrian standing up for your right of way by stepping out into traffic. You have have right on your side, but you may die while proving it.

emerald
10-13-2008, 16:17
It's a choice hikers are free to make, but I'll take PGC's advice too. Obviously, they feel strongly it's more important to wear fluorescent orange when the greatest number of hunters and the most inexperienced hunters are afield with center-fire rifles. Even so, there's no harm done in wearing fluorescent orange during archery season, muzzleloader season and small game seasons too. It could save your life!

Marta
10-13-2008, 18:23
Just heard on the radio during my drive home from work: A SC hunter was killed by another hunter. The deceased was wearing camo; no blaze orange. The news item didn't say what hunting season it is, or what the weapon was.

You can bet I'll be wearing blaze orange this weekend, though.

Wolf - 23000
10-13-2008, 20:23
Anyone who has spent time in the wilderness I’m sure has heard “don’t disturb the wildlife”. I know this is not going to come across as environment friendly but I’m going to say it anyway. Normal I would agree with that statement EXCEPT during hunting season. As some people might know while hiking in bright colors from top to bottom in December in my home state of PA, I got shot at during hunting season. Lucky it hit the tree behind me and not me. I have no idea what he was thinking. I did even see a deer or anything around me.

Now I make it a point to make noise especially if I see an animal. I give a big shout, “A DEER!!!” The wild-life of course runs away. I know I may piss off a lot of hunters by doing this and suggesting others do the same, but I would rather have a piss off hunter than to here about or be shot at again because of a reckless hunter.

Superman, I agree with NH law to have everyone go through a safety course prior to being issue a hunting license. Something that no-one is getting rich off of but is keeping EVERYONE safe.

Wolf

Colter
10-14-2008, 09:56
I recently finished the CDT. Hunters gave me food, water, rides into town and other trail magic. Not one close call. I did have a hiker, armed with a pistol and bear spray, pose as me at Benchmark Ranch and try to steal my food package.

As far as I know no hiker has ever been killed by a hunter on the AT. Hikers have been killed by other hikers. Many hikers have been rescued by hunters many times. There are about 75 hunting deaths a year in the U.S, nearly all the victims are other hunters. There are nearly 50,000 traffic related deaths.

Personally, I'm not going to wear orange during bow season because the danger is very, very low. Even though it's less than a one-in-a-million chance of being killed during firearms season, I'll be wearing orange anyway, because it's an easy thing to do.

IDriveB5
10-14-2008, 10:29
Those those of you "non-hunters" go to the DNR page of the state you are hiking in to look up the schedule of the hunting season.
(In MD) hunters are not required to wear orange during bow season and are required to wear orange for muzzleloader and firearms season.
Dont forget that springtime is turkey season! Hunters are not required to wear orange, as turkeys can see orange, but it wouldnt hurt for anyone not hunting to wear orange. If I am hunting public land, I will pull out my orange cap while moving, to error on the side of caution.

Wise Old Owl
10-14-2008, 11:30
Why is Shades of Grey in the third person or is it just me?

BobTheBuilder
10-14-2008, 11:35
For a group that generally spends alotof money on clothes and still looks like a bunch of bums, we sure are stubborn about not wearing orange. I personally like to wear my orange bandana on my bald head. It keeps me warm when its cold, absorbs sweat and prevents sunburn when it's hot, and keeps me from getting shot all the time.
In all seriousness, hikers and hunters are really two sides of the same coin. A lot of the political pressure to maintain NPs, WMAs and WAs comes from hunters, as does support for safety regs, seasons, limits, etc. We owe them a lot, and the overwhelming percentage of hunters, like the overwhelming percentage of hikers, are great people.

emerald
10-14-2008, 15:49
Why is Shades of Grey in the third person or is it just me?

Sometimes he just likes to be different and cause people to think. You've been around enough to have seen it before and I'm glad to see someone is paying attention and using their gray matter.:D

emerald
10-14-2008, 15:56
Those of you "non-hunters" go to the DNR page of the state you are hiking in to look up the schedule of the hunting season.

Why bother trying to find it? ATC has already done the work for you. I'll be back in a minute with my link to ATC's website where they've gathered all 14.

See post #7 (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=706530&postcount=7) or just go straight to ATC's Hunting Guide by State (http://www.appalachiantrail.org/site/c.jkLXJ8MQKtH/b.2106449/).

IDriveB5
10-14-2008, 16:23
Why bother?

In response to:

To learn what hunters are hunting, go to ATC's Hunting Season Guide (http://www.appalachiantrail.org/site/lookup.asp?c=jkLXJ8MQKtH&b=2106449). Their site was down when I sought to verify my link, but I'll try again later and fix it if it needs fixing.
And the reply below saying it no longer looked.

I didnt bother to look at that ATC link. Not everyone here is a hunter and might not realize where else they could get the information easily. Better to show someone how to find the information, thats why bother. Is it that big of a deal that you had to post "Why bother"?

emerald
10-14-2008, 16:52
In response to:

And the reply below saying it no longer looked [sic].

I didnt bother to look at that ATC link. Not everyone here is a hunter and might not realize where else they could get the information easily. Better to show someone how to find the information, thats why bother. Is it that big of a deal that you had to post "Why bother"?

The post above is of the sort I could ignore but we really don't require here. I'm glad you apparently know how to Google.

Some might not know how or want to be bothered. I gave them another option, ok? Besides, I was calling attention to ATC's website, which stands for Appalachian Trail Conservancy. Their page gathering all the links to those websites you mentioned looked good to me when I clicked my link you quoted.

Egads
10-14-2008, 20:19
The real season starts this weekend in GA.

http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/content/displaycontent.asp?txtDocument=606&txtPage=2

Roots
10-14-2008, 20:37
I've been hiking in Pisgah Nat. Forest the past 2 days and there were tons of hunters and I heard lots of shots. Nothing new.

Wise Old Owl
10-14-2008, 21:56
Yea you arn't wearing brown...

IDriveB5
10-15-2008, 20:25
This is the kind of post I could ignore but we really don't need here. I'm glad you apparently know how to Google.

One could really say the same about both of your last posts in this thread. I post information to be helpful and you respond by saying "why bother." Neither polite, productive nor helpful.

I'm glad you apparently know how to Google.

Ill quote you here:
"This is the kind of post I could ignore but we really don't need here."
:-?

mudhead
10-15-2008, 20:30

http://georgiawildlife.dnr.state.ga.us/content/displaycontent.asp?txtDocument=606&txtPage=2

10?

I am living too far North. Are they runts? Or you just have plenty?

(Beans are better anyway.)

Egads
10-15-2008, 20:39
Y'all come down here and get em. So many they are road hazards

12 per season, Statewide

No more than 10 may be antlerless and no more than 2 may be antlered. One (1) of the 2 antlered deer must have at least 4 points, one inch or longer, on one side of the antlers.

mudhead
10-15-2008, 20:59
Sounds like a multiple chest freezer state.

Mostly veg now, not really my choice.

Now 25 years ago, I might have gotten quite excited about expending half a box of cartridges.

I do have a fancy new blaze hooded sweatshirt, however. (wicked warm!)

emerald
10-15-2008, 21:05
IDriveB5, I just wanted you and everyone else to know I've put you on ignore. You are the 1st person in 3 years to earn that distinction. Congratulations!

aaroniguana
10-15-2008, 21:12
If I wear orange in the Spring will you put me on ignore too? http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Wise Old Owl
10-15-2008, 21:15
IDriveB5, I agree, and clearly you are new Daniel, Please give a little more thought when posting to such a wide audience.

emerald
10-15-2008, 21:23
If I wear orange in the Spring will you put me on ignore too? http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Were I to encounter you on the AT in spring wearing fluorescent orange at some time other spring gobbler season, your attire would be of little or no concern to me. Were I gobbler hunting, it would be clear to me you are no turkey.

You'd just be someone minding your own business and looking out for #1. Shades of Gray sees no cause for adding aaroniguana to his ignore list.

IDriveB5
10-15-2008, 21:42
IDriveB5, I agree, and clearly you are new Daniel, Please give a little more thought when posting to such a wide audience.

All I did was post useful information to be helpful, only to be belittled by "Shades of Gray" with a response of "why bother"

I posted the information of how to find the hunting seasons after Shades of Gray stated that the link he posted didnt work. How that called for his response of "aparently you know how to google" I dont know.

Go read my posts, or any of my posts, on any board. I never ever reply to anyone who is trying to be helpful in a rude, belittling manner.

If Shades of Gray did not intend to be rude, then I apologize, but he should be more careful of the verbage he uses in his posts, since he is posting to, as you said, such a wide audience.

Texasgirl
10-15-2008, 23:03

Thanks for the link Egads. I was just about to ask if GA was in the "wear orange" season in late December. Yay, I get to buy new stuff this year, cause I'd much rather be seen than not.

Tennessee Viking
10-15-2008, 23:33
I am just remembering a story from last year when a hunter shot himself in the foot in the Unaka Mtn W ilderness

HikerRanky
10-16-2008, 06:06
Folks,

Just a little reminder to try and keep it civil..... and realize that we are not the only people out there in the woods. Some are there to hike, and obviously some are out there to hunt.

I for one will be wearing orange, and will be finding out from whatever source I can about what my fellow outdoors enthusiasts will also be doing that may have an impact on what I need to do to protect myself.

Randy

gaga
10-16-2008, 12:22
can i just use this 2" Pro-Gaff Gaffer's Tape. Fluorescent Orange? and cut 3-4 stripes,1-2feet long from it and tie it to the top of my backpack and let them hang around(i`m gonna do it anyway :D soon) its gonna be my Halloween costume:D

emerald
10-16-2008, 13:40
What follows is cut and pasted from The Pennsylvania Code for the benefit of those who may desire to know the precise language.

§ 135.41. State game lands.

(c) Additional prohibitions. In addition to the prohibitions contained in the act pertaining to State game lands and § 135.2, except with the written permission of the Director, it is unlawful to:

(21) Except on Sundays, be present on State game lands from November 15 through December 15 inclusive when not engaged in lawful hunting or trapping and fail to wear a minimum of 250 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange-colored material on the head, chest and back combined or, in lieu thereof, a hat of the same colored material. The material shall be worn so it is visible in a 360° arc. Persons using shooting ranges are exempted from this requirement.

emerald
10-16-2008, 17:46
gaga, it looks like you have a BIG roll of tape, but it might be better to put a fluorescent orange hat on your head instead.

gaga
10-17-2008, 20:38
gaga, it looks like you have a big roll of tape, but it might be easier to buy a fluorescent orange cap instead.
I don't wear caps , and if its raining i can flip the fluorescent orange tape over my gray pack cover easily:tide from the top pack handle: 2 stripes in the front 2 stripes on the back 2 stripes on the sides cause i don`t wear a west eider , if you get shot it is gonna be in the sides or in your back, and for the hat i just tie 2--3 smaller stripes to move while i walk it is gonna look funny... cause i know i`m visible from all sides( and i`m getting the orange bells for my boots to be heard to...not!:D)but i`m serious about the tape. peace
Ps.-- please don`t shot me mister hunter:D

Wags
10-19-2008, 23:00
lol i like your style gaga

emerald
10-19-2008, 23:21
gaga is a cluck who fancies fine hardwood floors! Real gobblers have beards and prefer to roost on ball bat floors when they can't find a suitable pine in the wilds.;)

Scrub
10-20-2008, 15:08
I am a hiker and a hunter. I follow the rules, and I am sure of my target, and have a safe backstop before I pull the trigger. However; based on my experiences with other hunters, I personally wear orange when I am out during deer season when firearms are in use. Bow season is a personal choice, but I normally wear an orange hat just for peace of mind. Your mileage may vary, but this is what makes sense to me as a hunter.

leeki pole
10-20-2008, 15:40
At least down here in decadent Mississippi, all my bowhunting friends are pretty good woodsmen and ladies. You're talking 30 to 40 yards maximum range. Now gun season, which doesn't start until around Thanksgiving, is a different story. Definitely orange, lots of yahoos in the woods. I've never heard of anyone shot during bow season by accident. I've been bowhunting for 30 years. I don't gun hunt any more for that reason, the yahoos and kids with itchy trigger fingers. Turkey season in my opinion is a lot more dangerous than deer gun season due to the foliage. If I were to wear orange, it would be absolutely during turkey season (spring) and deer gun season.

weary
10-20-2008, 15:53
I tend to wear a little blaze orange, for a week or so before the season starts and for a week or so later. There seems to always be a few hunters in the woods ahead and after the official seasons. Once the idea of gunning gets in their heads, some seem to be reluctant to hold back, or call it quits.

Game wardens have told me the same thing. Most poachers seem to be out around the regular hunting seasons.

Weary

ASUGrad
10-22-2008, 15:51
We sing a lot during Scout hikes. Mostly, the "Please Don't Shoot Me " song.

Siegeofmalta
10-24-2008, 19:31
for reall good orange hats and orange stocking caps go the the web site for the University of Texas, Austin! Hook 'em Horns!!!!!!!!!!!

mudhead
10-24-2008, 19:39
Burnt orange, not blaze.

Besides,

How 'bout them Sooners.

superman
10-24-2008, 20:04

How's that song go? It would be a good thing to know if I hear a deer singing it while I'm hunting.:)

JAK
10-24-2008, 20:09
Anyone carry an additional first aid stuff during hunting season?
Just throwing that out there. Stupid question really, but I'm half serious.

Most of the 'big stuff' that might ideally be inside a first aid kit is usually left to be improvised from stuff outside of a first aid kit. A clean pair of socks might serve as a field dressing for example. I normally try and be prepared for stuff like broken limbs, sprained ankles, severe burns, severe cuts, but what sort of stuff in your first aid kit or outside of your first aid kit would you use if you came across someone with a gunshot wound from a freak hunting accident?

Of course what we should really be prepared for is motor vehicle accidents.

mudhead
10-24-2008, 20:18
Stuff some puffballs or spiderwebs in it. Or a sock.

I still want to know the words to the song, and who will win the Red River game.

gaga
10-24-2008, 20:55
here it is, and i met the army guys at gooch gap usfs42 they said is cool,then i met the assistant chief from Dawson co. he said is cool ( thanks for the water bottle Robbie, god bless you) 30 kids on blood mountain said is cool, 2 rangers at Neels gap approved...

ChimneySpring
10-28-2008, 14:32

If anyone's passing through the rollercoaster this weekend, please don't sing, m'kay? Black powder season opens Saturday morning in that stretch of VA - I promise not to shoot anywhere in the direction of the trail in exchange for a relatively quiet day in the woods. Deal?

JERMM
10-28-2008, 16:51
I tie a blaze orange bandanna to a limb or tent pole, stick it under a couple of pack straps to hold in place. It's high enough to be above my head and can be seen in all direction. And when I have to walk on roads it makes me more visible to drivers.

I just completed a section in WV and VA, squirrel and deer (archery) hunters said they saw my flag before they say me. Good to know.

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2008, 16:57
I recently went hiking on/near the A.T. both North and South of Hanover NH.

The weather was great, and we saw more day-hikers, trail runners, leaf peepers, dog walkers than we could count.

Not ONE was wearing a speck of blaze orange, despite the fact that there about half a dozen hunting seasons going on.

I don't know if these people are overly optimistic or just plain stupid.

woodsy
10-28-2008, 17:02
Maine Long gun season(Deer) opens this Saturday to residents only.
Monday it opens to non-residents too, be scared come Monday.

leeki pole
10-28-2008, 17:11
L. L. Bean makes a really cool baseball cap in blaze orange called the Pathfinder with two led's in the brim. Batteries work a long time, I walk my dogs with it in the dark for 30 minutes twice a day and I got it last September. Still bright after over a year. Uses the flat lithium batteries.

Egads
10-28-2008, 17:18
L. L. Bean makes a really cool baseball cap in blaze orange called the Pathfinder with two led's in the brim. Batteries work a long time, I walk my dogs with it in the dark for 30 minutes twice a day and I got it last September. Still bright after over a year. Uses the flat lithium batteries.

err, um... I guess you could call pink orange.:rolleyes:
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=58117&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&from=SR&feat=sr

superman
10-28-2008, 17:29
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=58117&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&from=SR&feat=sr

LOL, maybe he dyed the hat or bean discontinued the orange color?:)

leeki pole
10-28-2008, 17:39
well, mine's blaze orange thank you very much....and I like it so there:p

Wise Old Owl
10-28-2008, 19:58
Anyone carry an additional first aid stuff during hunting season?
Just throwing that out there. Stupid question really, but I'm half serious.

Most of the 'big stuff' that might ideally be inside a first aid kit is usually left to be improvised from stuff outside of a first aid kit. A clean pair of socks might serve as a field dressing for example. I normally try and be prepared for stuff like broken limbs, sprained ankles, severe burns, severe cuts, but what sort of stuff in your first aid kit or outside of your first aid kit would you use if you came across someone with a gunshot wound from a freak hunting accident?

Of course what we should really be prepared for is motor vehicle accidents.

Uhh, Jak 99 % of the time you ask good questions.... This time it was a deer in the headlights looking for an ultralight bulletproof vest that was fashion forward.

While you are contemplating clean pair of socks, I would recommend a clean pair of shorts too.