PDA

View Full Version : Jacks R Better Hammonk

ccjamesdean
10-04-2008, 19:30
Saw a Jacks R Better Hammonk at a store in Front Royal and tried it out as he had it set up.

I was very impressed with the Bear Mountain Bridge design.

Has anyone purchased this system and how do they like it.

Bob

take-a-knee
10-04-2008, 20:33
Saw a Jacks R Better Hammonk at a store in Front Royal and tried it out as he had it set up.

I was very impressed with the Bear Mountain Bridge design.

Has anyone purchased this system and how do they like it.

Bob

Check out www.hammockforums.net There are quite a few Bear Mtn Bridge users there I believe.

Just Jeff
10-05-2008, 15:51
We have one in our bedroom at the moment...my wife is taking a nap in it right now. It's the flattest hammock I've been in, and the only one she's been comfortable in. I don't have any field nights in it yet but I've been comfortable just laying around in it. She's tried a Hennessy, Warbonnet and Speer and finally agreed to go hammock camping now that she has the BMBH.

As TAK says, there are several BMBH users, and DIY bridge hammocks, on Hammock Forums.

Bulldawg
10-05-2008, 15:56
We have one in our bedroom at the moment...my wife is taking a nap in it right now. It's the flattest hammock I've been in, and the only one she's been comfortable in. I don't have any field nights in it yet but I've been comfortable just laying around in it. She's tried a Hennessy, Warbonnet and Speer and finally agreed to go hammock camping now that she has the BMBH.

As TAK says, there are several BMBH users, and DIY bridge hammocks, on Hammock Forums.

How do you tie one up in your bedroom, if I may ask?

Just Jeff
10-05-2008, 18:25
Vario hammock stand by Byer of Maine.

You can put eye-bolts into the studs as well, but be careful with it...a lot of math going on there.