PDA

View Full Version : Middle TN hangout, Oct 17,18, 19

Shadowmoss
10-06-2008, 13:34
There will be a hangout at Meriwether Lewis campground the weekend of Oct. 17, 18, and 19. This is a free campground on the Natchez Trace. I'll leave it to Rain:sunMan or Neo to post the map. There is a bathroom with running water and flush toilets, but no showers.

Lost and her husband will be there from Thursday evening on. Hopefully Nest will be home from his thru-hike of the AT this year. I will try to make it, but my work is sending me out of country sometime that week. This will be posted at HammockForums.net also.

Ground dwellers are welcome. We reserve the right to lure you to the dark side, though (we have cookies!)

neo
10-06-2008, 13:47
i am bringing treeman barbeque for saturday nite,i am also making a dutch oven peach cobbler saturday nite,we should be down around 700pm friday nite,maybe sooner.:cool:neo

The Solemates
10-06-2008, 16:42
it hits at the wrong time, we're going hiking the weekend before and after this. we will be in CO that week or we would try to make it. but CO should be fun :)

Rain Man
10-07-2008, 13:31
There will be a hangout at Meriwether Lewis campground the weekend of Oct. 17, 18, and 19. This is a free campground on the Natchez Trace. I'll leave it to Rain:sunMan or Neo to post the map....

Dang, nuthin' like bein' put on the spot in cyberspace! :)

National Park Service site for the Natchez Trace (http://www.nps.gov/natr/)

NPS map of Meriwether Lewis Campground (http://www.nps.gov/natr/upload/MLInfoPage.pdf)

Trails.com site with link to Guide and Topo map (http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx?trailid=HGD170-018) (have to be registered user?)

I'm guessing it's about an hour or so from the outskirts of Nashville down the Natchez Trace Parkway to Meriwether Lewis Campground. Right? Wrong?

Rain:sunMan

Shadowmoss
10-07-2008, 13:49
An hour seems right. Thanks for posting the information. :)

neo
10-10-2008, 09:57
my dutch oven will arrive today,looks like i will be making a peach cobbler next saturday nite at the hang,i will be also bringing treeman famous barbeque:cool:neo

Bearpaw
10-10-2008, 12:46
Sleeps With Skunks an I plan to be there on Saturday afternoon through Sunday. It will be her first chance to sleep overnight in a hammock, and she's looking forward to it. I'm looking to check out underquilt designs. So it will be good for both of us.

Bearpaw
10-12-2008, 00:40
Latest word from us is a change. We will probably be arriving Friday night and leaving Saturday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing new ideas and touching base with you folks again.

neo
10-14-2008, 19:23
Latest word from us is a change. We will probably be arriving Friday night and leaving Saturday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing new ideas and touching base with you folks again.

:)thats great,looking forward to seeing ya:cool:neo

Jim Adams
10-14-2008, 19:33
wish I could make it...gotta work on sunday.

geek

Rain Man
10-15-2008, 12:49

Same for me. I'll bring some firewood, as I have plenty from trees lost to last year's drought.

Just Plain Jim
10-15-2008, 14:58
If I can talk my wife into it, we'll drive up from Huntsville Saturday for a few hours visit.

Rain Man
10-16-2008, 15:57
Anyone want to carpool down tomorrow (Friday) and back Saturday? Both ways or one way okay with me. I'm assuming if someone wants to stay till Sunday, a ride could be bummed from someone down there.

Rain Man
10-17-2008, 17:42
Am leaving for Meriwether Lewis Campground! See y'all down thar!

Rain Man
10-19-2008, 14:21
Shadowmoss, it's your thread, but you weren't there! ~wink~ You surely missed a great weekend. BEAUTIFUL weather, FULL moon. Lots of hammocks! Not to mention food and camaraderie.

Neo took a ton of photos (none of me and him in a tent, or a hammock for that matter!!!) and says he'll be posting them on Hammock Forums.

Anyway, a great time was had by all. I could only stay one night (Friday) but already got a report of the fantastic food on Saturday night.