PDA

View Full Version : Water Availability -NY/NJ border to DWG

rockdawg69
10-06-2008, 19:22
Any current info on state of water sources between Unionville, NY and Delware Water Gap would be appreciated. Planning a few days starting Oct 12th heading south.

Manwich
10-06-2008, 20:55
I've been in the area for the past few weeks...

Fitzgerald Falls 2 Miles north of Wildcat is running strong

My friend Frank just checked out Wildcat Shelter Friday and said water's good there.

.4mi from the Wawayanda Shelter is Wawayanda State Park's Visitor Center, theyve got spigoted water

On your way to high point from Pochuck there's a sekret shelltur of sorts just off a road that has tap water, ask around or check the registry. Ask around about Jim.

High Point Shelters two streams were running strong.

Gren Anderson had a small creek running along last week. Brink road also had a good sized creek behind it (the water trail was poorly marked, follow your ears there and pay attention for the way back)

10 days ago it was scarce between Brink Road Shelter and Water Gap, (a long span, i know...) aside of the Water Gap Visitors Center (Delaware River.) There's some water at the Mohican Outdoor Center.

My only concern is the stretch between Brink Road and Water Gap. Next Weekend is calling for sporatic rain so hopefully that'll help

A-Train
10-06-2008, 21:22
Last Wed I was at Sunfish Pond and between the WG and there. There was tons of water everywhere literally flowing from the trail. I think you'll be OK.

rockdawg69
10-06-2008, 22:43
Thanks for the info. Agree on chance of rain this week which should help. Labor Day weekend I went north from Pochuck and water was really scarce. If not for Trail Magic, a couple of ays would have been much harder. Don't care to do that again.

Time To Fly 97
10-07-2008, 11:32
Supposed to get a pretty big thunderstorm on the 10th. You'll have plenty of H2O.

Happy hiking!

TTF

Time To Fly 97
10-07-2008, 11:39
Correction: there WAS supposed to be a big storm on the 10th...there was even a weather alert for it on accu-weather. Now there is no storm in sight. Great news because I am camping out this weekend. RE: water question. Saw plenty of strong flowing creeks in Wawayanda mountain biking this past weekend.

Happy hiking!

TTF