PDA

View Full Version : oops..I did it again!

smokymtnsteve
03-19-2004, 23:43
I'm packed and ready to meet Red at Rainbow Springs ..got the food boxes mailed thru Hot Springs....with more than enough for us two (what's new about that)

and now Red has received an Email from Denali, AK and needs to interview for a summer position there, if he accepts it he will have to be in Anchorage by April 13....so I will have PLENTY of organic foodstuff out there if he decides to go to AK for the season, he is probably camping in bly gap tonight. I will meet him and tell him about the offer sunday.

Chappy
03-20-2004, 00:11
I'm packed and ready to meet Red at Rainbow Springs ..got the food boxes mailed thru Hot Springs....with more than enough for us two (what's new about that)

and now Red has received an Email from Denali, AK and needs to interview for a summer position there, if he accepts it he will have to be in Anchorage by April 13....so I will have PLENTY of organic foodstuff out there if he decides to go to AK for the season, he is probably camping in bly gap tonight. I will meet him and tell him about the offer sunday.

Steve,
Just wondering...is the interview at one of the resorts or with the park? Figure it might have something to do with cooking. I know this will be a big decision for him. Best of luck!

oruoja
03-20-2004, 00:13
That didn't take long. If it works out spending the summer up at Denali should be pretty good. Cheaper to get there as well since the Parks Hwy runs up there from Anchorage as does the AK railroad. Best of luck. Just for info, here in Anchorage we still have almost three feet of snow and this morning at my place at 0500 it was right at 0 degrees F.

Chappy
03-20-2004, 00:18
That didn't take long. If it works out spending the summer up at Denali should be pretty good. Cheaper to get there as well since the Parks Hwy runs up there from Anchorage as does the AK railroad. Best of luck. Just for info, here in Anchorage we still have almost three feet of snow and this morning at my place at 0500 it was right at 0 degrees F.

Planning a brief trip to your area mid-September 2004. What's the weather like then? What's recommended clothing for dayhikes? I'll have my wife with me so can only do dayhikes. What can you recommend around Anchorage and Seward?

smokymtnsteve
03-20-2004, 00:23
http://profiles.hospitalityonline.com/206867/

have you heard of it oruoja????

oruoja
03-20-2004, 00:26
Planning a brief trip to your area mid-September 2004. What's the weather like then? What's recommended clothing for dayhikes? I'll have my wife with me so can only do dayhikes. What can you recommend around Anchorage and Seward?

Mid-September in Anchorage will be chilly (25 to 45 degrees) with "termination dust" above 3,000 feet. There are a lot short trails here in the Chugach Mountains and a road trip down to Girdwood (30 mi), Portage Glacier (45 mi), and points on the Kenai Peninsula (80 to 125 mi) offer lots of possibilities. August is our rainy month. E-mail me as the trip gets closer and I can answer any other questions you might have.

Chappy
03-20-2004, 00:30
Mid-September in Anchorage will be chilly (25 to 45 degrees) with "termination dust" above 3,000 feet. There are a lot short trails here in the Chugach Mountains and a road trip down to Girdwood (30 mi), Portage Glacier (45 mi), and points on the Kenai Peninsula (80 to 125 mi) offer lots of possibilities. August is our rainy month. E-mail me as the trip gets closer and I can answer any other questions you might have.

Thanks. I appreciate the info. Didn't realize it would be that cool. We'll probably spend four days in Seward and four days in Anchorage.

oruoja
03-20-2004, 00:36
http://profiles.hospitalityonline.com/206867/

have you heard of it oruoja????

Just checked out the site. No, I don't know anything about it, but will ask around. Hell, I thought the most northern active golf course was up in the Palmer-Wasilla area 50 miles from me. Assume that since they have stayed in business since '96 they must be doing something right as many start-up lodges and resorts crash and burn within two to three years. Granted, it's not in the "park," but I'm sure rides can be gotten on days off. For a summer experience it should be fine. It no doubt beats out the remote fishery and cannery jobs which are miserable.

smokymtnsteve
03-20-2004, 00:46
Steve,
Just wondering...is the interview at one of the resorts or with the park? Figure it might have something to do with cooking. I know this will be a big decision for him. Best of luck!

black diamond resort...

yep cooking RED is a great cook....