PDA

View Full Version : Mid November Hike in GA/TN

ijmhiker
10-07-2008, 21:02
I'm planning a trip in mid November with some friends. We're all in good shape and have a little hiking experience. 3-4 days. I think we could cover some pretty good ground, but don't want to have to push it too much.

Does anyone have suggestions for a portion of the AT that we would enjoy?

Thanks for the help.

Egads
10-07-2008, 21:12
Unicoi Gap to Springer is 50.5 miles. Lots of road crossings. Green tunnels & ridges. Easy 1st day. Mountain Crossings outfitters on 2nd day. Pretty easy hiking on 3rd & 4th days too with a finish at Springer.

Hoop
10-07-2008, 21:17
You could begin at the beginning - Amicalola Falls State Park to Neel Gap 3 days. Start full from the restaurant at the Park lodge, then finish up at Mountain Crossings where you can SS&S at the hostel there.

Dances with Mice
10-07-2008, 22:43
You could begin at the beginning - Amicalola Falls State Park to Neel Gap 3 days. Start full from the restaurant at the Park lodge, then finish up at Mountain Crossings where you can SS&S at the hostel there.Righteous advice. But I'd stay at Goose Creek Cabins. Five minutes away, about ten bucks more but infinitely more comfortable.

Bulldawg
10-07-2008, 23:05
Righteous advice. But I'd stay at Goose Creek Cabins. Five minutes away, about ten bucks more but infinitely more comfortable.

Agreed, but one MUST stay at MC one time in their life.

I was there the other night and Pirate made the most unbelievable breakfast the next morning. I hung around the place a bit longer than usual before heading up the mountain because I knew I'd end up having to take a $h1t on the trail. It only took about 20 minutes for those eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, hashbrowns, bagels, and coffee to work up a good movement.:eek::eek::eek:

max patch
10-08-2008, 06:13
Agreed, but one MUST stay at MC one time in their life.

Never have, never will.