PDA

View Full Version : ~30 mile hike in north GA or southwest NC

C2
10-08-2008, 19:09
Am looking for a good 3 day ~30 mile hike in the north GA or southwest NC area for me and a couple of friends. We have hiked the AT from Springer to Stecoah Gap in 30 -35 mile sections over a number of 3 day weekends. Now, we need to wait until we can hike for longer periods to continue north from Stecoah Gap due to the distance we have to travel. But, we'd like to still do some more hiking/camping during extended weekends in these areas - other than the AT which we've covered. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Dances with Mice
10-08-2008, 19:30
The Duncan Ridge Trail intersects the AT at Long Creek Falls and Slaughter Gap. It ain't the AT. Parking at 3 Forks & Blood Mtn, pretty easy shuttle.

In fact if you do hike it then several times a day someone will stop and say "Wow. This sure ain't the AT."

Mocs123
10-08-2008, 23:10
The Art Loeb Trail near Canton, NC. is 31miles and has been rated as one of the most scenic in the southeast.

Ramble~On
10-09-2008, 03:11
I agree. The Art Loeb came to mind the second I read your post. Doesn't surprise me that someone beat me to it.

Boudin
10-09-2008, 10:38
I have picked up weekenders from the Duncan Ridge Trail. On more than one occasion there were tears involved....And these were grown men. Apparently, if you are not in shape, the DRT can be a #%&@#$#**&^ bitch.

I guess people don't realize that trails in the mountains go up and down.