PDA

View Full Version : Fontana to Springer

Krewzer
03-21-2004, 15:37
Looking for a ride from Fontana to Springer around the the 1st of April.

Thanx,
Krewzer

Hikerman
03-21-2004, 18:38
I would call Jeff and Nancy from the Hike Inn. It is near Fontana Dam. They are great people and go out of their way to help you. Their # is posted at the dam if you can't find it before.
2nd choice would be to call NOC and they have a list of people that will do shuttles.
Have a safe hike,

Hikerman

steve hiker
03-22-2004, 17:51
It would be very expensive to hire anyone to shuttle you that far, a better bet would be to stick out your thumb or take a grayhound.

twilight
03-23-2004, 00:29
I second hikerman's post about Jeff and Nancy Hoch!!! ;) They own "The Hike Inn" near Fontana Dam. Very, very nice people!!! :D If I remember correctly, Jeff shuttles from Springer to Erwin. TN. Nancy, even did our wash before we left to return home! I know their phone # is in Wingfoot's Thru-hiker's Handbook and I think I've posted already on this site, under a similar topic. Search under my name.

Twilight :jump

Krewzer
03-23-2004, 01:36
Thanx Y'all,

I talked to Nancy this afternoon and made arrangements. I was hoping for the long shot, that someone might be traveling in the area. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

If anyone wants to share this shuttle on the 1st of April, they'd be welcome. Will be leaving Stecoah fairly early that morning, heading South. Just let me, Jeff or Nancy know.

Thanks again and Happy Trails,

Krewzer

steve hiker
03-23-2004, 01:54
Thanx Y'all, I talked to Nancy this afternoon and made arrangements. Krewzer
How much will they charge?