PDA

View Full Version : Granite Gear Service

Sailor (The other one)
10-10-2008, 18:11
I bought a Nimbus Meridian on sale for $125 at Boulder Mountaineering's website and recieved the wrong hipbelt and shoulder straps. After several emails and phone calls, Boulder Mountaineering sent the right hip belt, but said they could get the straps I needed. I sent the straps off to GG with their replacement form and asked them to please get the new ones to me in time for our AT hike that starts Sunday.
I got the straps Tuesday, less than a week after I mailed the old ones to them.
Thanks Granite Gear. :)

Quoddy
10-10-2008, 18:47
I had just the opposite happen back when I bought one of their packs. After 3 weeks I called and asked where the replacement belt and straps and got a REAL ATTITUDE and the remark, "can't you read that it takes several weeks after we get it". I still don't understand how, after they sign for the return it could take several weeks to get around to doing anything.

The replacements eventually arrived, but I never used that pack and eventually gave it away. Due to their slowness I had purchased a ULA, and after seeing the excellent quality of the ULA and then using it, never considered using a Granite Gear product again.

SteveJ
10-10-2008, 23:18
I'll second the excellent service from GG. I have a 4+ year old vapor trail. The waist belt started to rip. I sent it back to them, with the form from their website, asking if they would repair it or replace it, and if not, to give me a call and let me know what a new one would cost. A week or so later, I got a call from them letting me know that they would be sending me a new waist belt, and wanted to be sure I was OK with the fact that the colors had changed some..... A week or two later, the new belt arrived!

Kerosene
10-11-2008, 09:31
I'll third the GG service: Somehow I lost one of the bolts that attaches the shoulder straps to the Nimbus Ozone framesheet (fortunately, the webbing held things together long enough to finish my trip). I finally got around to calling GG customer service, who promptly sent me out a replacement bolt free of charge.

MAD777
10-11-2008, 13:39
My experience with Granite Gear's belt exchange has been great! Super-fast return, no problems.

mts4602
10-13-2008, 19:10
I bought a GG Nimbus Ozone from another WB member and I believe that the hip belt is too big...the belt is as tight as it can go and the pack still slips down.

Would GG switch my belt out for a smaller one or will I have to buy one from them?

MTS

Bulldawg
10-13-2008, 21:24
Would they replace a frame sheet that seems to be buckling due to age?

SteveJ
10-13-2008, 21:44
mts4602 & Bulldawg: I dunno - send it in! I sent mine in, asking them to evaluate it for warranty, and asking that they call to let me know what it would cost. I fully expected them to say it would cost, and only sent it to them because I couldn't find a retailer that sold only hipbelts. Was thrilled to get the call saying they'd send me a replacement for no charge. I was only out the cost of shipping it to them.

http://www.granitegear.com/support/warranty.html

Phreak
10-15-2008, 16:17
GG customer service is top notch.