PDA

View Full Version : Update on FT Official Guidebook status

floridahikes
10-11-2008, 16:54
Earlier this year, I got a note from my editor at Westcliffe Publishers that the FT Official Guide was running out of copies and they didn't plan to print it again, since the company was sold and they're focusing more on full-color guides (wish they would do this in full color, but ah well) mostly out west, since they're based in Colorado. Anyway, last month the publisher released the book rights to me and I've found a new publisher/distributor, so will be out there doing hikes this season to cover changes in the trail and places I haven't hiked yet. The first edition was a collaborative effort between me and FTA - specifically Deb Blick (Cricket) who has all the maps and mileages. I'll be working with FTA again to do the same for the second edition.

One unexpected bonus is that the publisher had 80 or so copies returned from bookstores that they were willing to sell to me. I haven't gotten them yet but will post notice when I get back from my trip from Texas if anyone's interested in 'em. Between the time it takes to research and to create a book, we won't have the new edition out any sooner than next August.

Cheers, Navigator

Cuffs
10-11-2008, 20:02
Put me on the wait-list for one of the returned copies please!

Hammock Hanger
10-11-2008, 22:30
Is this the book with the cute hiker chick??? I still don't have one and would like to get one. Please hold one for me. :)

floridahikes
10-12-2008, 07:43
No, you'll have to get the book with the cute hiker chick from FTA office. I don't handle that one. This is the one with the BLUE cover.

Cuffs, will do. I won't be home til Oct 27 to ship so send me your info via [email protected]

Hammock Hanger
10-12-2008, 08:46
No, you'll have to get the book with the cute hiker chick from FTA office. I don't handle that one. This is the one with the BLUE cover.

Cuffs, will do. I won't be home til Oct 27 to ship so send me your info via [email protected]

Oh, I have that one. Thanks. (We should do a weekend hike together this winter.) HH

traildust
12-13-2008, 17:48
Put me down for one of these Florida Trail guidebooks. thanks

floridahikes
12-13-2008, 20:07
Hi, I've got the returned copies and they are up for sale on Florida Hikes ... just click on the "autographed books" link to order by PayPal. I will ship out again next Friday.

Cheers, Navigator
www.floridahikes.com