PDA

View Full Version : Finally found a good tee shirt

Mrs Baggins
10-11-2008, 18:58
On a thread several months back I lamented the fact that REI no longer sells their "tec tee" - a loose fitting soft cottony feeling tee that was made from polyester. It was comfy, wicked moisture, and I loved it. For some reason they've determined that women only want snug fitted tees made out of Under Armor-type material or some scratchy easily snagged synthetic mixed with Spandex. I can't wear that. It irritates my skin badly and I hate "fitted" clothing for hiking. Or pretty much anything else. Well I was in the REI in Fairfax VA yesterday and found, in the Men's dept, North Face tees. Exact same soft loose cottony feel of the REI Tec Tees and a Men's small size is actually small enough for me. And it was on sale for $19. I'll have to go back and get a couple more of them. I've been to Target, Wal-Mart, other outfitters, and no one has the right thing in a Womens tee anymore. I have the Nike Dri-Fit and Adidas tees.......too fitted.

http://www.rei.com/product/747419

So, if anyone else is looking for that soft loose fit in a non-cotton tee give this one a try.