PDA

View Full Version : North Florida Hike

BumpJumper
10-14-2008, 17:20
Last year, I went up to Ft. Braden to do some trail maintenance with FTA. We hiked the loop up there and I found it very relaxing and beautiful. It reminded me of the foothills of the North GA mountains.
I would like to do a day hike up around that area or any area like that. Camping overnight someplace.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

wahoo
10-14-2008, 20:23
If I was to go to up that way, I'd go to Torreya State Park. Weather ought to be nice too.

The trails there are terrific, and it's a great place to camp. Dang, you've got me wanting to go up there now!

Gray Blazer
10-14-2008, 20:29
If I was to go to up that way, I'd go to Torreya State Park. Weather ought to be nice too.

The trails there are terrific, and it's a great place to camp. Dang, you've got me wanting to go up there now!

Yeah, I heard Torreya was really nice. Sounds like a place for a get together. (hint-hint)

wahoo
10-14-2008, 20:34
I was thinking the same thing, Gray...

neo
10-14-2008, 20:37
Last year, I went up to Ft. Braden to do some trail maintenance with FTA. We hiked the loop up there and I found it very relaxing and beautiful. It reminded me of the foothills of the North GA mountains.
I would like to do a day hike up around that area or any area like that. Camping overnight someplace.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

i really enjoyed your yaking pics,i cant get enough of yaking,i love island camping in my hammock,yaking is my passion.but i am a hiking fool to:cool:neo

BumpJumper
10-14-2008, 21:35
Well Neo, you will just have to join us if we do the Florida Fall Gathering at Juniper. :D:sun
Kevin, load up and lets go.:D
Gray, it is going to be very hard for me to committ myself the the gathering. I started a new job and I dont yet know how things are going to be by then. I have to wait and see.
But yes, it does sound like a great place to have a gathering. I loved it up there.

neo
10-14-2008, 21:36
Well Neo, you will just have to join us if we do the Florida Fall Gathering at Juniper. :D:sun
Kevin, load up and lets go.:D
Gray, it is going to be very hard for me to committ myself the the gathering. I started a new job and I dont yet know how things are going to be by then. I have to wait and see.
But yes, it does sound like a great place to have a gathering. I loved it up there.

i have always wanted to do some yaking in florida:cool:neo

BumpJumper
10-14-2008, 21:44
And you are still in Tenn. WHY then/:D

Any more days like today's weather and I will be all stoked up for a north Florida hike and campout.

Gray Blazer
10-15-2008, 07:44
Neo!!

BumpJumper
10-15-2008, 20:21
Thinking about going this weekend if I dont have to work. Anyone up for it?

Gray Blazer
10-15-2008, 21:02

What's the details?

jnetx
10-16-2008, 08:27

Maybe. I'm working on getting out to do all the FL Trail loop and side trails to add to my End to End of the FL Trail system. Was actually planning to head up that way next weekend (25th & 26th) for the dedication of the new FL trail section through Nokuse, and doing Torreya on the way up or back.

I might be persuaded to go up this weekend, but was planning on going out to Potts Preserve in Inverness for a weekend work hike. It's not an F-Troop, but still giving something back, and I always enjoy Potts. May as well get another hike in there before "orange" season!

tucker0104
10-16-2008, 10:42
Can anyone give me more information about Torreya State Park? How long are the trails? Where is it located in florida?

Gray Blazer
10-16-2008, 10:55
Can anyone give me more information about Torreya State Park? How long are the trails? Where is it located in florida?

I've never been to it. If you are driving west on I-10 you'll see the signs a little ways past Tallahassee.

Hammock Hanger
10-16-2008, 17:28
I myself have not hiked it but it is suppose to be a lovely area.

BumpJumper
10-16-2008, 21:31
I just got a case for Friday and Saturday so this weekend is out. Sorry. I will have to wait to see for next weekend.:cool: