PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to explore Dudleytown, CT?

funkyfreddy
03-23-2004, 03:59
That's right, I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who would like to explore the long abandoned and allegedly haunted Dudleytown, which is just off the AT in Connecticut. I'll probably want to go there just after the snow melts and before the bugs come out. I'm also interested in exploring other parts of trail that have a reputation for being "haunted" or somewhat mysterious. Please PM or E-mail if you're interested. Thanks, Fred

2XL
03-23-2004, 08:59
I was discussing this area with a friend a couple weeks ago. He told me there are NO TRESPASSING signs all over, I think this area may be on private property.

Ankle Bone
03-23-2004, 09:56
Illegal entry required? Then you can get Warren to shuttle you in!

funkyfreddy
03-23-2004, 11:28
I've heard it's OK to hike there during the day, you just can't camp or park near there over night. Given Dudleytowns reputation I'm not planning on camping there, just want to go in the early spring and take pictures/get a feel for the place.

ripple
03-23-2004, 12:22
It is private land that is posted. At one time you were allowed to go during the day, but that has changed. There isn't much there, a few old foundations not much. I didn't see anything. The road that you would take to enter the area doesn't have many houses on it so as soon as a "strange car" goes in the people who live there call the cops. Really not worth going to.

Ankle Bone
03-23-2004, 12:35
Sounding more and more like a job for "Warren and the Super Van"!!!

funkyfreddy
03-24-2004, 00:03
Sounding more and more like a job for "Warren and the Super Van"!!!

It wasn't that funny the first time you mentioned Warren in this thread but since you seem compelled to mention him a second time I'm going to call you on it.

1. If you have a problem with Warren you should take it up with him or at least do it in another thread that directly addresses or relates to him. Better yet do it as a private message or E-mail and spare the rest of us who are uninterested in your petty quarrels.

2. I think it's totally uncalled for you to back bite and bad mouth someone like this in a public forum. What's the point? By taking cheap shots at Warren you make yourself look very poor in comparison. Start your own thread and put his name in the title so that he at least has a chance to defend himself.

Now, back on topic - after doing an internet search it appears that the above posters are right. No trespassing in Dudleytown. OK, no problem. Before I go I will contact the landowners and try to get permission. If I don't, oh well......

Life's too short to cry over Haunted Forests! There's plenty of other places to hike and explore, aren't there?

Ankle Bone
03-24-2004, 09:44
Whoa, lighten-up. I didn't mean to rain on your hike with a little attempt at humor, but I'll be sure to curb it in future posts. We don't need any of that stuff!

I have no problem with Warren and how he hikes or leads. He's done more miles than I'll ever do and has forgotten more about the AT than I've learned. I won't support when he knowingly breaks laws, but I won't make a big deal out of it either.

I am now telling myself to think very serious, serious thoughts.