PDA

View Full Version : Golite Pursuit

snaplok
10-23-2008, 17:03
Hi, I'm new to the forum and wanted to see if I can get some help picking out a new backpack.

I found a great deal on the Golite Pursuit online and like it mostly cause of the weight, compression straps, and lid. I am by no means ultralight but striving to go lighter.

So here's some of what I'd be carrying in a thru hike that has me concerned if it will fit inside the pack:
TNF Dolomite 20
Therm a rest Prolite 4
Optimus Terra w/ Crux + spare 8oz canisters
Assorted clothing(can't be too specific here)

I would also be using a Eureka Zeus 3 tent but I use the side compression straps to hold that on my current backpack( a frameless 15yr old Jansport Tahoma that has lashing loops on the bottom of the pack where I attach my sleeping bag to,) and everything else that I carry just about fits inside or in the lid. So far I go backcountry for a week like this.

Right now, I'd like to get away from putting my sleeping bag outside the pack, possibly even putting the tent inside the pack as well, and would also like to add a bear container and the Pursuit compression straps can join together in front of the pack, making this look workable.

Any advice would be appreciated.

snaplok
10-27-2008, 17:10
Ok so no comments on the Pursuit?

Are there any other packs under 2lbs that would fit what I need?

traildust
10-27-2008, 18:07
Granite Gear has some excellent packs at some low weights. Also ULA has some light packs. Google both and check it out.