PDA

View Full Version : Sports Authority in-store clearance

Catnip
10-24-2008, 06:41
Thought I'd share this bargain I found yesterday in the Orlando area (not online): Microfleece long-sleeved half-zips, Columbia Klamath 2 (no chest pocket) was $10.47 :sun, originally $40, and Alpine brand (with zippered chest pocket) was $8.37 :sun, originally $40. These were both men's versions. Look for clearance racks with signs for an extra 30% off the lowest price marked. :banana

Manwich
10-24-2008, 07:54
Sports Authority leaves clearance decisions up to their store managers, who don't always make the best business decisions.

The store manager near me (East Brunswick, NJ) was (he's gone now) a complete idiot. He'd clearanced 6-pack of esbit tabs to $0.25. I bought all 40 of them for $10. Now I have more esbit tabs than I care to use...

MOWGLI
10-24-2008, 07:57
The store manager near me (East Brunswick, NJ) was (he's gone now) a complete idiot. He'd clearanced 6-pack of esbit tabs to $0.25. I bought all 40 of them for $10. Now I have more esbit tabs than I care to use...

Looks like the store manager found someone to swap places with on the esbit tabs. ;)

Catnip
10-24-2008, 11:11
Lol!

JAK
10-24-2008, 13:41
LOL. Some people will pay anything for a bargain. ;)

I find stuff like that really hard to pass up.

Nest
10-24-2008, 22:28
Looks like the store manager found someone to swap places with on the esbit tabs. ;)

Nah. Worst case is he spent $10 to have a really cool and really smelly fire. Maybe line them up on their sides like dominoes, light the first one and tip it over. Then you get a flaming trail of collapsing "dominoe" esbits. Well worth the money for the many ways to have fun with a whole bunch of esbits.