PDA

View Full Version : SOBOs Finishing Nov 7-12

ChinMusic
10-26-2008, 22:47
I'm doing a 4-day vacation hike from Amicalola to Neels from Nov 7-10. I'm wondering what SOBOs I might pass during that time as they are finishing up.

I'd like to read up on their Trail Journals (if they have one).

warraghiyagey
10-27-2008, 08:40
Juicebox should be near that area at the time. We started with him at Katahdin June 24. He may have friends Swing and Waterbaby with him. They were the coolest, most entertaining dudes and hope you meet them along the way. Tell 'em Warraghiyagey and Vonfrick say hey.:sun
Also possibly you might meet Finding Peace. Great girl.

ChinMusic
10-28-2008, 12:51
warra - I checked Juicebox and Finding Peace's TJs. Looks like they are still a long way away.

Anyone else know of folks finishing a SOBO Nov 7-12?

Gray Blazer
10-28-2008, 13:42
Bear Dancer and Keera were at Wayah Bald last Sat. Philadelphia was there on Sunday. They may be finished before the 7th though.

ChinMusic
10-28-2008, 14:09
Thanks Gary - Let me know who goes thru in a few days. I will be able to check this forum up until about Tues or Wed next week.

Gray Blazer
10-28-2008, 14:31
:welcome
Thanks Gary - Let me know who goes thru in a few days. I will be able to check this forum up until about Tues or Wed next week.

It's Gray (have you been hanging out with Slow?).

I won't be able to tell you who is passing by Wayah because I'm back in FL. There are some out there. Have a good hike.

ChinMusic
10-28-2008, 14:44
:welcome

It's Gray (have you been hanging out with Slow?).

I won't be able to tell you who is passing by Wayah because I'm back in FL. There are some out there. Have a good hike.
LOL, What is a "gray blaze"? Old guy????

Thanks, I plan on having a nice, relaxing few days in the woods.

WhoAh
10-28-2008, 23:12
I will be doing the Springer to Neels section starting on Sunday (11/2). Hope I run into a couple of SOBO's as well.

Gray Blazer
10-29-2008, 10:47
LOL, What is a "gray blaze"? Old guy????

Thanks, I plan on having a nice, relaxing few days in the woods.

A Grey Blazer is a hiker riding the Big Dog (GreyHound Bus).
A Gray Blazer is my Chevy Truck. I'm named after my truck. (I am gray up top.)

Gray Blazer
10-29-2008, 10:50
Oh, BTW, I put pics of those 3 SOBOs I saw on Wayah last weekend in my gallery (Ron, forgive me for not getting in touch as it was a last minute thing as usual).

ChinMusic
10-31-2008, 11:09
The weather is looking great, so far, for my vacation trip.

Anyone got anymore names of SOBOs coming through this window?

ChinMusic
11-03-2008, 12:46
I'll be leaving tomorrow and have yet to find names of SOBOs finishing later this week. I checked into the names listed so far but they are still well north of the Smokies.

Gray Blazer
11-03-2008, 13:34
I'll be leaving tomorrow and have yet to find names of SOBOs finishing later this week. I checked into the names listed so far but they are still well north of the Smokies.

The 3 names I listed were well south of the Smokies last weekend and are prolly close to finishing right now if they have not finished already. Wayah Bald is like 120 miles from Springer. (Maybe more, I don't have my chart with me.)

Lone Wolf
11-03-2008, 13:36

ChinMusic
11-03-2008, 13:47
Philadelphia, Bear Dancer, and Keera:

Thanks, I'll say "hey" for ya Gray if I pass em. LOL, I read your post as if they were still up at Philly. I gotta read slower.....heheh

Gray Blazer
11-03-2008, 13:49
Thanks, brother. I was close.

think0075
11-05-2008, 22:50
Me (casey jones) and my buddy long jon are at the noc today on the 5th of november we are gonna be taking it slow though cause my flight out of atlanta doesnt leave till the eighteenth but there is a good chance we might run into u somewhere. I have a trailjournals but dont think i have written in it since stratton, me. But long jons might be a little more recent not sure. Hope to see u out there enjoy ur time away from the rest of the world.

ChinMusic
11-11-2008, 17:50
I just got home from a wonderful trip from Amicalola to Neels (11/7-10). I so wanted to just go on....sigh.

I just missed seeing Hungarian and The Medicine Man. Both of whom had left Springer prior to me getting there.

I crossed a group of 4 SOBOs near Long Creek Falls on the 7th: Skeeter, Clemson, Spoonful, and Sweet Tea. They were to summit on the 8th.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/ChinMusicIHSS/Backpacking/AT/Skeeter.jpg

On the 8th we met Flat Foot (no picture). He is a 65-yr-old gentleman that had recently completed the Triple Crown. He was joy to talk to.

On the 9th I found Carat at Blood Mountain. He was going to summit on the 10th.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/ChinMusicIHSS/Backpacking/AT/Carat.jpg