PDA

View Full Version : parked at 19E and car survived

MedicineMan
03-26-2004, 04:16
We sectioned hiked this past Monday from Bitter End to 19E, left a car at 19E for 6hours and found it all in one piece! With the amount of traffic through there I'm thinking it is overnight parkovers that you would have to worry about.

geoffrey morris
04-26-2004, 08:31
Safer parking near US19E

:welcome Hi med man, Just wanted to say again that I have a place to park less than a quarter mile from the trail head at US19E with private access to the trail.Feel free to E mail me at [email protected] for more info(a map).Or call me at 1-423-772-3425 anytime.Hope to hear from you all.

jbwood5
05-25-2004, 11:18
I would definitely take Mr Morris's offer for parking in this area. 19E has the worst reputation on the AT for vehicle break-in's. I parked there just for a short while to go down to the shelter. There is bits of broken window glass all over the place. These vandals will pop out your window and steal anything visible within 30 seconds. It is not likely anyone will notice. My car did not get broke into, but as I emerged from the trail, a PU truck was pulling away at high speed, squealing the tires, so I may have arrived just in the nick of time.

I don't like area for some reason.