PDA

View Full Version : Wb Friends

Gray Blazer
10-29-2008, 10:07
White Blaze is the only website I hang out online. I don't know about My Book or Face Space or any of those other popular websites, but, I want to thank those people who signed up on WB to be my friend (Kanga, ATTROLL, BumpJumper and TJ aka Teej). I don't know what it's all about, but, it sounds like a good thing. If I knew what I was doing I would respond properly, but, I'm not too good with computers so I thought I would start this thread (took me a while to figure that out) and tell ya'll that I'm glad you are my friends (although I don't know how anybody could like a crochety old man like me). So....peace to you four and everybody on WB.

Maybe someone could use this thread to explain to me what I'm supposed to do when someone signs on to be a friend online on WB. I don't want to piss off my new friends by not responding appropriately.

Peace and love........JJ (Appalachian Trail Enthusiast)

JAK
10-29-2008, 10:27
Good question. It always surprises the heck out of me when someone sends me a nice
PM, but when someone tags me as a friend, what's up with that? What does it mean?

JAK
10-29-2008, 10:29
and who the heck is mrapple anyways? LOL

kanga
10-29-2008, 10:30
it means we like you, ya big dork.

kanga
10-29-2008, 10:31
White Blaze is the only website I hang out online. I don't know about My Book or Face Space or any of those other popular websites, but, I want to thank those people who signed up on WB to be my friend (Kanga, ATTROLL, BumpJumper and TJ aka Teej). I don't know what it's all about, but, it sounds like a good thing. If I knew what I was doing I would respond properly, but, I'm not too good with computers so I thought I would start this thread (took me a while to figure that out) and tell ya'll that I'm glad you are my friends (although I don't know how anybody could like a crochety old man like me). So....peace to you four and everybody on WB.

Maybe someone could use this thread to explain to me what I'm supposed to do when someone signs on to be a friend online on WB. I don't want to piss off my new friends by not responding appropriately.

you're not crochety, you just have a great sense of sarcasm that i appreciate! and i'm glad you're my friend too.

Lone Wolf
10-29-2008, 10:32

i have 14 "friends" listed. i have no freakin' idea what it means

Tin Man
10-29-2008, 10:37
i have 14 "friends" listed. i have no freakin' idea what it means

it means be careful who you associate with as others may interpret that you actually like the people on your friends list :D

RiverWarriorPJ
10-29-2008, 10:40
Good question. It always surprises the heck out of me when someone sends me a nice
PM, but when someone tags me as a friend, what's up with that? What does it mean?
What's a "friend"..??..:rolleyes:..Ha..!!..

Gray Blazer
10-29-2008, 10:43
What's a "friend"..??..:rolleyes:..Ha..!!..

Tell Zues (sp?) his friend Blaze was out on the AT this past weekend and says hello.

saimyoji
10-29-2008, 11:10
i have no friends. don't want any. stay away.

Lone Wolf
10-29-2008, 11:13
i have no friends.

i have very few. the majority are acquaintances

kanga
10-29-2008, 11:28
i have no friends. don't want any. stay away.

sadness..

kanga
10-29-2008, 11:30
i have very few. the majority are acquaintances

i think that's how most everybody is. "they" say if you can fill up one hand counting your true friends by the time you die, then you have been very blessed.

JAK
10-29-2008, 11:30
lol

JAK
10-29-2008, 11:32
It really does cheer people up when you tell them you like them though.

I should PM more, but then those nice folks always seem to want to get the last word in. LOL

LuvU2 Kanga.

JAK
10-29-2008, 11:38
lady Treehugger has not made any friends yet

Alligator
10-29-2008, 11:39
lady Treehugger has not made any friends yetSkids made her his "friend";).

mudhead
10-29-2008, 14:07
Skids-You dog...

Got pics?

woodsy
10-29-2008, 14:16
I've only got one friend in my profile, TJ must have felt sorry for me after almost three years here on WB and nobody requested to be my friend, LOL
But i'm ok with it, loner anywayz.

RiverWarriorPJ
10-29-2008, 14:19
Tell Zues (sp?) his friend Blaze was out on the AT this past weekend and says hello.
..Zeus sez thnx & wAvEs @ BlaZe..

max patch
10-29-2008, 14:28
I wonder if Skids knows that "Lady" Treehugger is really an unemployed 25 year old male who lives in his parents basement.

Nean
10-29-2008, 14:43
I didn't know about friends so I did some searching and I'll be... Sly is my friend! ..but then, I already knew that.:D

bloodmountainman
10-29-2008, 14:59
Friends are good no matter where they come from. I have made a few and have enjoyed hiking with some of them. I recently did a shuttle for one of my new found friends. He gave me the keys to his car and trusted me to be there for him at the end of his hike.
Some friends are made by the tone of thier posts. Kanga tells it like it is with no holds barred. Bulldawg and I have the same life philosophy. Hoop Rat is new to the hiking world and it has been a pleasure helping him learn the Trail here in Ga. Turtle 2 was a pleasure to meet and hear her thru-hiking adventures. Goose1 and I share the same walking pace and shared great conversations. MoBill2 lives in the place I used to live and is a Pinhoti thru hiking veteren. Summit and Sheepdog share my religieous veiws. Hope I have not left anyone out. I have been blessed with having these folks as friends.:sun

saimyoji
10-29-2008, 15:02
I wonder if Skids knows that "Lady" Treehugger is really an unemployed 25 year old male who lives in his parents basement.

So he's Kirk McQuestShanks too?

Summit
10-29-2008, 15:12
when someone tags me as a friend, what's up with that? What does it mean?It means a favor request is imminent! :eek: :p

bloodmountainman
10-29-2008, 15:28
It means a favor request is imminent! :eek: :p
What friends are for!!! :eek:

emerald
10-29-2008, 17:11
I've only got one friend in my profile, TJ must have felt sorry for me after almost three years here on WB and nobody requested to be my friend, LOL
But i'm ok with it, loner anywayz.

My friends know who they are.

Skidsteer
10-29-2008, 18:41
Skids-You dog...

Got pics?

Not free ones.

Yeah, but he's really clever and sneaky. :D

JAK
10-29-2008, 21:22
I wonder if Skids knows that "Lady" Treehugger is really an unemployed 25 year old male who lives in his parents basement.and here I was thinking my only friend, mrapple, is really a beautiful 28 year old female.

adventurousmtnlvr
10-29-2008, 22:43
I'm not too good with computers so I thought I would start this thread (took me a while to figure that out) and tell ya'll that I'm glad you are my friends (although I don't know how anybody could like a crochety old man like me). So....peace to you four and everybody on WB.

I've seen you on several threads and think you are funny. We interacted in the slow hikers thread and I got a laugh for sure. You are a likable person ... that is pretty incredible if you ask me ... being we are mostly all in virtual world speaking to one another until such time as we cross paths :)

Gray Blazer
10-30-2008, 08:00

I think she may have given her cup size in the ladies forum.

Gray Blazer
10-30-2008, 08:05
I've seen you on several threads and think you are funny. We interacted in the slow hikers thread and I got a laugh for sure. You are a likable person ... that is pretty incredible if you ask me ... being we are mostly all in virtual world speaking to one another until such time as we cross paths :)

I want to thank everybody for responding. I'm still not sure what the friends thing is about and how I'm supposed to respond. I hope everybody on WB considers me to be a friend (even Saimyoji).

JAK
10-30-2008, 08:08
I think she may have given her cup size in the ladies forum.Careful. There is more than one sort of cup.

JAK
10-30-2008, 08:10
I want to thank everybody for responding. I'm still not sure what the friends thing is about and how I'm supposed to respond. I hope everybody on WB considers me to be a friend (even Saimyoji).Friend request sent. LOL

woodsy
10-30-2008, 08:11
I want to thank everybody for responding. I'm still not sure what the friends thing is about and how I'm supposed to respond. I hope everybody on WB considers me to be a friend (even Saimyoji).
OK, lets all bombard Gray Blazers inbox with friendship requests :D

Gray Blazer
10-30-2008, 08:15
OK, lets all bombard Gray Blazers inbox with friendship requests :D

NOOOoooo!!Bombard Woodsy!!

saimyoji
10-30-2008, 08:28

stay the hell away.

Homer&Marje
10-30-2008, 08:47
Even I have friends Blazer. 9 of them. That's more than I have in real life :D At least, that I still talk to on a regular basis.

Although it might be a clever system of keeping your enemies closer, Are all my friends really just conspiring against me:-?

I'm scared!! STAY AWAY!!

Gray Blazer
10-30-2008, 08:57
Even I have friends Blazer. 9 of them. That's more than I have in real life :D At least, that I still talk to on a regular basis.

Although it might be a clever system of keeping your enemies closer, Are all my friends really just conspiring against me:-?

I'm scared!! STAY AWAY!!

You and your friend Lone Wolf are in the lead!!

Gray Blazer
10-30-2008, 08:59
Alright Woodsy and JAK. Where can I press select all and become "friends" with everyone on WB?

Remember......take the r out of friends and you have fiends.

BumpJumper
10-30-2008, 22:49
Gray just accept the damn thing will ya:D

Homer&Marje
10-31-2008, 08:13
You got to remember to click the little box inside the avatar and then hit save changes.

As if a life changing even is as easy as a checkmark and a save button.

buff_jeff
10-31-2008, 09:14

You know the saying:

"Girl" on the internet oftentimes just means guy in real life.