PDA

View Full Version : Still having problems accessing TJ

Chenango
10-29-2008, 13:47
I still cannot access Trail Journals. I can log in, but I cannot access the Journals or Bookmark options. :( I understand that they are moving to a new server, so this might be transition problems. I miss reading some of the Post trip entries. It is very interesting hearing about how folks are coping with re-entry.

Anyone else having this TJ access problem?

HikerRanky
10-29-2008, 14:01
I picked some random journals, and they are working for me.... I know that there was some issues last week and the first part of this week, so YMMV...

Blissful
10-29-2008, 14:15
Mine doesn't come up either.

Hang in there. :)

HikerRanky
10-29-2008, 14:25
Mine doesn't come up either.

Hang in there. :)

I just pulled up the 2007 journal, but the 2011 one is not responding....

sounds like they are migrating the content.....

Blissful
10-29-2008, 14:27
Okay, thanks! I know my 2011 doesn't work - I have no entries yet. Hopefully soon!

Chenango
10-30-2008, 11:31
It seems just the jourmal index and some pictures are having problems. If you can go directly to an entry, use the "Other Entries from Today" at the botttom of the screen to jump to other people.

rhjanes
10-31-2008, 14:35
Well, if I tried to click on my bookmarks, it takes an error. I cleared caches and cookies and tried to logon, and can't. I can read the journals, but can't keep track of them. I tried to do the "contact". Not sure if that sent to them or not.
Anyone have any tricks that seemed to work?

partinj
11-07-2008, 13:38
You can not upload photos when you click on the add photo it said page can't be found

Tipi Walter
11-07-2008, 18:33
I had this problem but if you hit the Add Multi Photos you'll be asked to download an Active type program with a new look but you can still use it to add single photos.

rhjanes
11-08-2008, 14:10
I logon. I get the "reader account" button. I click it and get "file not found". It's like my entire reader account, is gone. Shoot, I had about 20 great TJ's in my Favorites and bookmarked.....

Gorp-Gobbler
11-09-2008, 08:42
You can not upload photos when you click on the add photo it said page can't be found

I was in yesterday and uploaded a bunch of photos from a summit of Katahdin in '73'.

Everything worked great for me.

Sorry you're having problems Chenango.

cphobes
11-10-2008, 10:47
I logon. I get the "reader account" button. I click it and get "file not found". It's like my entire reader account, is gone. Shoot, I had about 20 great TJ's in my Favorites and bookmarked.....

I have the same problem, posted a message in the trail forums and the admin replied but it hasn't been fixed yet.

No reason given but at least they know about it.

-Stephen

partinj
11-11-2008, 01:25
Hi just wonder if any of you guy are having touble uploading photos on trailjournals.com
i try useing the qucik load and the mulit load but all i get is page not found. this seen to start after they did a upgrade on their computer.I try it on other computers to same thing
i send them a email but i have not hear any thing from them yet.
:-?

Chenango
12-10-2008, 13:19
Trail Journals is still not working correctly for me. :( I cannot add bookmarks. I cannot sort journals by the "Update" field.

I like to use these functions a lot!

Is it just me or are others still havings problems?

cphobes
12-11-2008, 09:21
Trail Journals is still not working correctly for me. :( I cannot add bookmarks. I cannot sort journals by the "Update" field.

I like to use these functions a lot!

Is it just me or are others still havings problems?

I'm still having problems as well, I've tried posting in the trail forums and have tried to email Leif as well with no response or change.

-Stephen

Cookerhiker
12-11-2008, 09:30
Last evening I was able to post a guest entry on someone else's journal without problems.

papa john
12-11-2008, 09:35
Same here. I can't edit any of my saved favorites, add to my favorites or do anything with my bookmarks except to read the last page marked.

PeterB
12-19-2008, 17:02
Same for me. I have even tried to create a new reader account, thinking that something must have been corrupted with my current account. But, there is only an option to create a journal account and no longer an option for reader accounts.

PeterB
12-30-2008, 17:33
I am still having issues. I agreed to donate $25 if the reader account issues were fixed. If any one else feels the same way, see the thread in the general trailforums.com

PeterB
01-30-2009, 18:14
Donation on the way.

rhjanes
01-31-2009, 17:07
seems to all be fixed!!!! Plus, the 2009 journals now pop up first!!!

cphobes
01-31-2009, 22:32
seems to all be fixed!!!! Plus, the 2009 journals now pop up first!!!

Yes my account is now working. I can update bookmarks etc.

-Stephen

Chenango
02-01-2009, 09:08
Yes my account is now working. I can update bookmarks etc.

-Stephen

I still cannot sort journals by the [Update] field. I miss that. When I go into, let's say 2009, I like to sort by Update to see what is new.

Wouls someone else please try this? I want to know if it just my computer.

Thanks, WBers.