PDA

View Full Version : Gift ?

mudhead
10-30-2008, 10:08
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___76344

Is this a good price? Is this a good item for suburbia? It is the right color, so I am 90% covered, but don't want to buy junk.

dan8794
10-30-2008, 11:21
Marmot makes some great products IMO, especially jackets and outerwear.

Campmor is a great site for finding high quality gear at very reasonable prices.

I say go for it...also, the color is stunning!!

Lone Wolf
10-30-2008, 11:22
yes, a fabulous color!

Toolshed
10-30-2008, 11:59
That is If you like the "back to the late 80's backpacking colours"......
Got enough late 80's goretex Crap that is that nauseating colour...

woodsy
10-30-2008, 12:05
Does it come in a north sea blue?

mudhead
10-30-2008, 12:17
Dang! You bunch of knuckledraggers.

I may post this question in the red background forum.

But I do draw the line at sea foam green.

I would like to know if this is not worth $30. I can get nice earrings for less.

Mags
10-30-2008, 14:36
What will the person be using it for? Looks to be a water (not proof) resistant type shell popular with trails runner/fast hikers/adenture racers/etc types. Seems very similar to the Golite Ether or a similar jacket by Patagonia Dragonfly.

If the person is mainly walking the dog around the block at a casual pace, they'll want something more bomber.

If they are pounding the pavement on a morning jog and need something to keep off the wind , keep in the warmth and will be generating a lot of body heat (how I use this type of shell in 3 season hiking, I use the Golite Wisp), then it will work well.

It is a great price...but again, only if their use fits what the jacket was designed for.

bigcranky
10-30-2008, 14:54
It's a very light wind shirt. My wife has one (the original Ion, made of Pertex Quantum -- they changed the fabric last year.) I find this sort of layer to be quite useful on the trail. It's great on a cool or cold day over a light base layer -- way more breathable than a rain shell. I almost always have this sort of jacket in my pack as part of my layering system. So if this is what you want, then sure it's worth the 30 bucks.

mudhead
10-30-2008, 19:43
If the person is mainly walking the dog around the block at a casual pace, they'll want something more bomber.

It is a great price...but again, only if their use fits what the jacket was designed for.

That helps. Just when I thought I have a bargain in my sights, perspective.

Thanks to all.

fancyfeet
10-30-2008, 21:16
Well, I'd like one of those.