PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days thru-hiker locations

karoberts
11-01-2008, 13:25
When Trail Days takes place, are most thru-hikers right there in Damascus, south of Damascus, or north of Damascus?

Lone Wolf
11-01-2008, 13:30
all 3

Jack Tarlin
11-01-2008, 16:56
By mid-May, the majority of Northbound thru-hikers are past Damascus, tho in many cases, not far past. Most are betwen Damascus and Pearisburg.

Nicksaari
11-01-2008, 17:57
Lone Wolf the all knowing knower. i know a few of your kind, including my brother noah
much respect LW

mtnkngxt
11-01-2008, 18:40
Like LW said it depends. Speed, Start Date, Days spent in town nursing hangovers..... It all depends, which is why you see so many ads from Thrus looking for rides to Trail Days from anywhere from just north of Springer to Harpers Ferry and even a little farther north in some cases.

KG4FAM
11-01-2008, 18:46
I hiked Springer to NOC again this spring starting April 8th and when I ran into folks at trail days they were spread from Roan Mtn to just north of Grayson Highlands.

Nicksaari
11-01-2008, 20:41
ive been thinking of attending trail days for a while now. is it some hippy drug fest like ive heard? i have the social anxiety disorder with a bad case of the bi polar II- maybe not the best place for me? ive got to get intoxicated to handle that many retards in one spot at once

Nicksaari
11-01-2008, 20:42
but i want to talk to tom henessy and try out a hammock.

Lone Wolf
11-01-2008, 20:57
ive been thinking of attending trail days for a while now. is it some hippy drug fest like ive heard? i have the social anxiety disorder with a bad case of the bi polar II- maybe not the best place for me? ive got to get intoxicated to handle that many retards in one spot at once

all that and them some. come find me. we'll hang bro :)

KG4FAM
11-01-2008, 21:04
ive been thinking of attending trail days for a while now. is it some hippy drug fest like ive heard? i have the social anxiety disorder with a bad case of the bi polar II- maybe not the best place for me? ive got to get intoxicated to handle that many retards in one spot at onceJust don't camp in tent city and you miss a lot of the retardedness. This was my first time at TD and I stayed in a B&B and visited with folks in tent city. I had a very civilized experiance. Tent city on the other hand just looked like trouble.

Jack Tarlin
11-01-2008, 22:07
Looks can be deceiving.

The only folks who find trouble at Trail Days are the folks who go looking for it.

Marta
11-01-2008, 22:11
Tent city includes a fair number of sedate older folks like me. I hammock back in the poison ivy and usually get a great night's sleep.

Peanut
11-02-2008, 07:44
I started March 14 and I got a ride back to Trail Days from near Glasgow. At that point my hiking partners and I were towards the front of the March 14/15 starters. I can't say much for where the other hikers were, though, and I'm sure it's different every year and the guys said.

btw, I tented in tent city and had a blast...lots of fun...comraderie, games, etc...granted it was going on at all hours of the day, and I still had fun regardless of me not drinking and having a hard time staying up past 10. Looking forward to coming back again this May!

mtnkngxt
11-02-2008, 07:58
I would say if your looking for a more civilized experience just don't camp in Tent City. Theres alot of fun and information to be had without the nonstop partying and delinquency.

Jack Tarlin
11-02-2008, 13:33
There are hundreds of folks who elect to camp with their friends in Tent City each year who are neither hard partiers or delinquents.

Generalizations are odious.

mudhead
11-02-2008, 13:46
There are hundreds of folks who elect to camp with their friends in Tent City each year who are neither hard partiers or delinquents.

Generalizations are odious.

Someone has been doing the crossword puzzle.

Haiku
11-05-2008, 11:08
I started on the first of March, and I was in Harper's Ferry and hitched back to Trail Days. There were a whole bunch of us from around the same start date there at the time.

Haiku.