PDA

View Full Version : New store in New York

LIhikers
11-02-2008, 22:51
On the east side of the Hudson River, there's a new store where the trail crosses route 9, at the intersection with route 403. It's really a gas station with the usual convenience store, called Appalachian Market. I wandered through the store and there's all the usual junk food you'd expect plus a number of things a hiker could eat, such as mac and cheese, ramen noodles, jerky, and cup of soup. There's also some canned food. Considering the fact that Greymoore is just a few minutes walk north, canned food wouldn't be too bad if you plan to spend the night at Greymoore as you can throw away the cans there. I suggested to the manager that they stock Heet in the yellow bottles in their small automotive section. He said he'd look into it.
The store's nothing great but at least it's another option

Tin Man
11-02-2008, 22:57
I drove by a couple of times before they opened, so didn't stop in. Wish them luck. I think it is just north of Graymoor, not south.

Lone Wolf
11-03-2008, 01:59
I drove by a couple of times before they opened, so didn't stop in. Wish them luck. I think it is just north of Graymoor, not south.

no. it's .6 south of Graymoor

Tin Man
11-03-2008, 08:03
Actually, I think we are both correct. It is sobo in AT terms, north in magnetic terms. :)

LIhikers
11-03-2008, 10:06
OK, let me clarify the location.
On the trail, it's southbound from Greymoore and northbound to Greymoore.
Driving, It's a little further north on route 9 than the main entrance to Greymoore.
Hope that helps

Tin Man
11-03-2008, 13:45
I think everyone gets the idea now. Sorry I said anything. :(

A-Train
01-02-2009, 02:12
Stopped in here today before a beautiful winter day hike. Place is RIGHT on the trail and has a good selection of junk food, ice cream, hot dogs, coffee, drinks, etc. I was pretty impressed with the selection of beer they have. I just hope hikers don't get the idea to pack it up to Graymoor. It would certainly be easy enough to pack up food and beverages as it's such a short hike.

They did have some trail type foods (liptons, ramen, canned tuna, etc.) but not a great selection. One would definitely get enough food here to get to the store at rt 52, 25 miles north, and maybe enough to get to Kent.

THey've got outdoor tables to hang out at and a bathroom. Hopefully hikers treat this place well and the clerks stock the appropriate stuff. Didn't see DEET

Tinker
01-05-2009, 12:43
I'll check it out when I'm in town this weekend and critique your critique. ;)

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44797
A-Train - I wouldn't expect to see Deet this time of year (especially in a new store). Stores with limited display space often pull out-of-season items off the shelf regularly, anyhow.:)

Tin Man
01-05-2009, 13:46

A-Train - I wouldn't expect to see Deet this time of year (especially in a new store). Stores with limited display space often pull out-of-season items off the shelf regularly, anyhow.:)

oh good. i was beginning to worry that mutant ice-age skeeters were on the loose.

A-Train
01-05-2009, 15:00

Whoops, I meant HEET :)