PDA

View Full Version : Favor to ask of the videographers........

MedicineMan
11-03-2008, 03:23
all the faces of whiteblaze, all the members, the legends, the legengs-to-be, the maintainers, the shuttlers, the ATC staffers, and so on.....It would be nice to see the family on you-tube-can any of you videographers help? mini-interviews, where we/they are, what they do...etc.

Tennessee Viking
11-03-2008, 04:31
Sounds like a good project...I got a little JVC DV cam ready to shoot up some trail.

nitewalker
11-03-2008, 07:05
i have some stuff on youtube under nitewalker08. the footage is mostly corny stuff describing my hikes. i hope to improve my video skills over the next few months.. i have more vids that still need to be uploaded sometime in the near future....as for interviews of people who are associated w/ WB or the hiking community in general i will need to do some work for that. i am usually reluctant to break out the cam corder and interview someone but if i have the chance i will give it a try...

im not sure where or what im going to hike but i have a 1 month window to get out and do something. im looking at the southern portion of the BMT or

Newb
11-03-2008, 09:16
I've been putting few local hikes on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/trout2ber

I'm a crappy editor.

MedicineMan
11-04-2008, 03:19
I wasn't so much looking for video of the actual trail, just the people of the trail, little vignettes more so people who see a person posting here may get a visual because many may never see each other in person.
Trail Days would be another great place to capture 20-30secs of AT enthusiasts as would ALDA and other get togethers.
Also, despite what some feel towards some here, people do die and wouldn't it be great to see Gatewood on video, and that applies to Doyle,Tarlin,Wolf, Seiko (if you could), Weary, well just every body.

StarLyte
11-04-2008, 06:30
There's a lot on YouTube - even videos of people driving NEXT to the AT on dirt roads ha ha.

Videos are great!

Hey Nitewalker I didn't know you had any videos out there - I'll check them out.

Medicine Man....where have you been ?!

2009ThruHiker
11-04-2008, 11:54
all the faces of whiteblaze, all the members, the legends, the legengs-to-be, the maintainers, the shuttlers, the ATC staffers, and so on.....It would be nice to see the family on you-tube-can any of you videographers help? mini-interviews, where we/they are, what they do...etc.

Hi MedicineMan...I plan on making a film of the 2009 Northbound Season. We are in pre-production processe now. I plan on also doing a documentary of what makes the trail tick, a separate project to film during the 09 season. I think this second project will cover some of what you are asking...not sure it will be you-tubed though.

ki0eh
11-04-2008, 14:51
There were a few folks on the occasion of the removal of the "Earl Shaffer" shelter in PA this year. Linked here: http://www.satc-hike.org/arch-his.htm

Colter
11-05-2008, 10:37
Colter (AT 2001) Hiking and Paddling Across Alaska (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZvxNB_Z_5Y)