PDA

View Full Version : Place to stay near Bethel Maine

The Big J
11-04-2008, 10:02
I am looking to ski Sunday River on Dec,29.30 and looking for some local afforadable lodging options. Are their any motels around the area, I have seen the bed and breakfast on the internet and going to call a couple. I am looking to keep the cost down because I am driving to Jay Peak on the 31st and staying till the 4th, and that is not cheap.

weary
11-04-2008, 15:01
I am looking to ski Sunday River on Dec,29.30 and looking for some local afforadable lodging options. Are their any motels around the area, I have seen the bed and breakfast on the internet and going to call a couple. I am looking to keep the cost down because I am driving to Jay Peak on the 31st and staying till the 4th, and that is not cheap.
The Cabin is around 20 miles away in East Andover. They no longer take "dropins," or serve meals. But have welcomed folks that register in advance all summer, and I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to do so this winter.

I can't quickly find a phone number. But a google search of the 'Cabin in Maine' usually will turn up a phone number.

edit, contact information: (207) 392-1333 voice mail 392-1233

[email protected] http://www.thecabininmaine.com

Weary

peakbagger
11-04-2008, 16:31
http://www.snowboardinghouse.com/

I dont know anyone who has stayed there and there has been a for sale sign out in front of it for several months but it might be worth checking out. They are in west bethel a few miles west of downtown on RT 2 and probably 10 miles from the ski area. Any night life and restauraunts would be down the road back in bethel.

There is also a very basic motel, Pleasant River Motel, Route 2, West Bethel, ME 04286, (207-836-3575), a few more miles west on Rt 2. Worse case is Hikers Paradise in Gorham NH about a half hour west. Generally the motels in the Bethel area fill up with ski traffic pretty quickly, more than a few folks stay in Gorham NH which has several motels and a few restaurants.

rafe
11-04-2008, 17:05
Bethel Spa and Motel, "downtown" Bethel, (207) 824-3341. Slightly funky place but clean, cozy and inexpensive. You can catch a free shuttle to the ski area, it runs between town and the ski area several times a day, during ski season. It's across the street and up a block from the Sudbury Inn. The pub below the Sudbury Inn is a great place to hang out.

The Big J
11-05-2008, 09:41
Thank you for the help i will be checking out the places provided today.