PDA

View Full Version : Sliping n Sliding

Singletrack
03-28-2004, 22:13
I have a Tarp Tent with a silnylon floor. My Thermarest will not stay still, the silnylon is just too slick. I put some silnet on the bottom of the Thermarest, and that did not solve my problem. I tried using another ground cloth (not so slick) that worked somewhat better. Does anyone have a better idea?

snuffleupagus
03-28-2004, 22:38
I alieviated the same problem I had with my OR bivy by attaching 2-3 small velcro tabs to the underside of my thermarest and inside floor of my bivy sac w/rubber cement. Just make sure you align the velcro tabs where the bottom of you sleeping mat is going to be. That worked well for me.

zammy
03-29-2004, 04:09
Use silicone to "make" stripes on the tent floor.

Kerosene
03-29-2004, 21:40
I've heard that the new Prolite Therma-rest pads have a sticky bottom that's not supposed to slide around under you. I just bought one but won't be testing it out on a silnyl floor until next week. I'll try to remember to let you know how it worked out.

Singletrack
03-31-2004, 20:17
Kerosene, Thats exactly what I have, a Prolite 3. I put silicone on the bottom of the pad, but did not stop the sliding. I might try the velcro, as one post suggested.