PDA

View Full Version : BumpJumper needs your prayers!

tom_alan
11-07-2008, 20:12
BumpJumper needs your prayers.

BumpJumper was taken to the hospital at around 4:00am this morning by ambulance and admitted to the hospital this afternoon with severe abdominal pain. They have been running test on her and feel it may be the gallbladder. They are doing a nuclear test in the morning. She has not sleep or been able to eat for nearly 24 hours. Please keep her in your prayers. I will relay any messages that you have to her.

Tom

Jim Adams
11-07-2008, 20:35
hope all is well for a speedy recovery...she'll be in my prayers.

geek

Trillium
11-07-2008, 21:10
I will pray for BumpJumper. Hopefully she will get well soon so that she is back happily planning for her hike next year!

any possibility, it's just a kidney stone? I had one last year and it was soooooo bad; much worse pain than giving birth.

tom_alan
11-07-2008, 21:30
She doesn't know at this time what it is. I talked with her about an hour ago and she was not feeling very well. Food just makes her sick. All she really wanted to do was rest. She didn't even feel like talking so our conversation was short even though she called me. She said to call her a little before nine to check on her and to say goodnight. I'll let her know you are thinking of her.

Tom

Roots
11-07-2008, 22:05
Our thoughts and prayers are with her. I hope she has a speedy recovery!

Hammock Hanger
11-07-2008, 22:24
prayers are in progress

sheepdog
11-07-2008, 23:28
Definately in our prayers.

Lilred
11-07-2008, 23:41
Praying all will be fine. Send her our love.

No Belay
11-07-2008, 23:52
Hoping all is ok, that you get well fast, and bumpjump outa that hospital.

adventurousmtnlvr
11-08-2008, 01:09
I'll also call her to check on her but not to bother her needed rest. She is a strong willed person and has many friends who care about her. She's had a tough year, poor thing and yet she always makes me smile with her threads :) Blessings to her and also her sister whom I hope is with her in Florida :)

fancyfeet
11-08-2008, 01:43
BumpJumper, you're in my prayers. I hope you are well very soon. Hang in there.

Fancy

mudhead
11-08-2008, 07:11
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42766

Related?

Positive vibes from Maine.

Summit
11-08-2008, 08:29
Praying for you BumpJumper!

adventurousmtnlvr
11-08-2008, 09:33

Related?

Positive vibes from Maine.I considered that as well mudhead, so glad you brought that up ... and when I speak with her today ... I'll remind her of that so she doesn't forget to inform the doctors, or perhaps Tom will.

Chenango
11-08-2008, 10:49
Paryers from NY for you BumpJumper. I pray it is not serious and the doctors can diagnose and treat it.

little bear
11-08-2008, 10:51
prayers for Bumpjumpers recovery

aaroniguana
11-08-2008, 11:21
You're in my thoughts, BumpJumper. Get well soon.

tom_alan
11-08-2008, 14:34
I just talked with BumpJumper and she seems to be doing much better. At least she sounded better. She said to thank you for all your prayers and concerns. At this point she does not feel like talking to a lot of people and ask that I not give out any contact information. I will let you know of any changes as she calls me with the info.

Tom

tom_alan
11-08-2008, 15:25

Related?

Positive vibes from Maine.

BumpJumper has already thought of this and discussed it with her doctor.

Bluegill and I started out today to do what we thought was just a five mile hike. It turns out it was a 8 mile jaunt. At mile 5 I started cramping really bad in my hips and lower back. At mile 7 Chris had to hike the last mile to go get my car and come get me. I literally shook and my legs were gel. I drank all kinds of water and the temps were only about 75 or so. I thought I had an electolite problem but could it have been some heat stroke going on? My stomach was even sick.

Even tonight after we ate and I had my warm bath, I still feel shaky.
Who else has had this and what the hell is it?

At this time the doctors do not feel they are related.

Tom

BumpJumper
11-08-2008, 17:44
HI Everyone!!
Thanks for the well wishes...they worked!

I skated by without all those fancy tests that were scheduled. The GI doc asked if she could do a scope down the throat thingy and in less than an hour, I was on the table (6 holes in my arm later...long story) but I have an ULCER!
Isnt that great...well, as great as it can be. I got home about an hour ago and headed to the bed. I still feel yucky but at least no surgery and got to come home today. Did I mention I hate hospitals?
Thanks to all of yall for your prayers. I thought I was dying Thursday night.
I finally got to eat something. I had to stroll up and down the hall stealing jello off peoples trays until the nurse caught me :eek: and waddled me back to my room. But hey, I would have paid for that jello with my left kidney. :DAfter I got it....it wasnt all that good. Made me sick again.
So I am on some serious meds for one month and no more sneaking jello!
Did I mention I hate hospitals?

Here I am, so sick the smell of the nurses latex gloves made me sick. I got roomed with this elderly lady that had just had a hip replaced. Her meds freaked out and the next thing I know she is ripping out her IV walking to my stuff and asking me what my panties and bra was made out of. Then accused me of having my boyfriend in bed with me. (NO boyfriend and no one in bed with me) it was my doctor and he was sitting on my chair. It took 6 people to get her back in bed and that was after she called the police on all of them because they sent the pizza lady back downstairs!:confused::confused::confused: Go figure. So they sent me to a private room that was SWEET....
Did I say if I ever have to go to the hospital again, I want that private room?:D

tom_alan
11-08-2008, 17:48
Glad to hear you are home!!

sheepdog
11-08-2008, 18:03
HI Everyone!!
Thanks for the well wishes...they worked!

and asking me what my panties and bra was made out of. :D
So, sensible cotton or ????:D:D
Glad your going to be ok.

adventurousmtnlvr
11-08-2008, 19:15
So, sensible cotton or ????:D:D
Glad your going to be ok.

LOL ... Dawn, don't even answer this one, LOL ... too funny sheepdog, you crack me up.

------------------------------------------
Glad you are safe and sound Dawn. I have ulcers too so it's not that big a deal (as long as you are on your meds and/or control diet). and LOL at your roomate ... are you sure they put you on the right ward ???? LOL (kidding) ... actually that happened to my dad as well with his knee replacements due to AGE they stuck him with heart patients that I seriously think belonged in the psych ward. His roomate broke out of the hospital after stealing all my dads cloths of course (dad couldn't even walk with knee replacements from hours of surgery prior in the day) and my mom couldn't convince the staff that guy left. They took 2 days before they found him and brought him back. Head injury or something. So my dad understands the 'odd' roomate thing and he paid for a private room as well .... but didn't get one. So you were sleeping with the doctor in the chair???? LOL hope everyone read the previous parts so they understand that comment.

BumpJumper
11-08-2008, 21:37
LMAO Cat. Hey, if I was sleeping with the doc in that chair, I DIDNT FEEL A THING:D:D:D:D
Sheep.....I just kept telling her they were NYLON....I dont think she believed me:-?

slow
11-08-2008, 21:43
Glad all is well.

Now can we cook some STEAKS.

mudcap
11-08-2008, 22:00
Glad to hear the great news. Take Care.

sheepdog
11-08-2008, 22:00
Glad all is well.

Now can we cook some STEAKS.
Not for bumpjumper, its baby food and pepto bismal for a while, soon you'll be longing for ramen noodles.

tom_alan
11-08-2008, 22:13
Not for bumpjumper, its baby food and pepto bismal for a while, soon you'll be longing for ramen noodles.

And just think :-? Yesterday she was longing for anything that wasn't clear liquids. She's a fighter ~ she will bounce back fast!

aaroniguana
11-08-2008, 22:21
Send my pizza delivery lady away and I'll call more than the cops. I'll put DHS on ya.

Glad you're home safe. Get well. I'll make it home to one of your FL gatherings. Someday.

fancyfeet
11-09-2008, 02:52
:banana Bump, I am so glad to hear that your emergency wasn't too serious. I was saving my first dancing banana for a special occasion and this was it. Rest up and take care of yourself so you can get back out there. I hope you are better soon.

Take care,
Fancy

BumpJumper
11-09-2008, 07:58
Slow my dear steak maker....I dont even want to think about steaks or anything else like it. I ate a basically bland meal last night. I woke up at 4 am in pain.

Aaron, I am tellin ya. If there was a pizza lady....I would have hid her under the chair where I was keeping the doc aka boyfriend!!!:banana:banana

Fancy..I used all your bananas on Aaron!

Jim Adams
11-09-2008, 15:37
Glad you're do'in better!!!!!!

geek

Flatlands Girl
11-09-2008, 16:12
Glad you are feeling better! You were the first to welcome me to WB and i won't forget it...:) Also, (off subject) I just noticed you live in Summerfield, wow, thats funny, I lived in there for years, just off 441, Bartended at the Ruby tuesdays in the Villages...hm, small world...anyhow....glad you are out of the hospital...Munroe Regional?? My daughter was born there...

BumpJumper
11-09-2008, 16:56
Yep. Me too. I live right at 441 and 42. Getchu butt back up here and hike with me.:D

Jim, sent ya an inbox.:p

Blissful
11-09-2008, 20:20
So glad they were able to find out what is wrong.

I do have a gallbladder problem (not working) and they want to take it out, but dragging my feet on having it done. I had a very bad episode last night - I could not even stand. Better today, thank goodness, as we wanted to celebrate my hubby's birthday at his favorite CHinese restaurant.

BumpJumper
11-10-2008, 17:33
Bliss....I know a bunch that have had theirs out so dont delay. You will feel so much better as soon as you wake up. It is no big deal to have it out.:banana