PDA

View Full Version : Daleville VA accommodation

Bumpa
11-08-2008, 13:25
Doing a short section between Pearisburg and Daleville and want to base in Daleville because of shuttles. Anyone know of one of the hotels/motels offering hiker rates in the I 81 and 220 area...Bumpa

Jack Tarlin
11-08-2008, 14:45
Not sure if any of them have "hiker rates." There have been so many hiker idiots in recent years that quite a few places no longer offer any specials for hikers.

You can find all necessary information (contact info, rates, etc.) by going to www.aldha.org and looking at the On-Line 2008 Thru-Hiker's Companion.

garlic08
11-08-2008, 16:41
In May I stayed at the chain motel (HoJo I think) right by the AT before you cross the road going NOBO. It was one of the better motel stays I had on the AT. It was a bit of a walk one way to groceries and the other way (under I-81) for the Country Buffet (less than a mile to each). The room was a good value, the staff friendly to hikers, quiet, clean, good breakfast bar, laundry, internet PC in lobby. I don't think they had a hiker rate, but it wasn't very expensive. I didn't ask about shuttles. Hope that helps. Enjoy your hike.

bulldog49
11-08-2008, 17:49
Doing a short section between Pearisburg and Daleville and want to base in Daleville because of shuttles. Anyone know of one of the hotels/motels offering hiker rates in the I 81 and 220 area...Bumpa

When do you plan to do that section? A friend and I are doing that section starting next weekend. We are planning on gettiing a shuttle out of Pearisburg.

Bumpa
11-08-2008, 19:13
Thanks for the suggestions...there is HOJO's and an Econolodge right where the trail comes to that junction of roads...I'll try both of them. I'll be down in the area the third week, Bulldog...enjoy your hike...let me know how it went...Bumpa

smaaax
11-09-2008, 10:26
The Comfort Inn was cheapest when I passed through, $42 for a double. We mentioned we were hikers, but I forget if that was a special rate or not. If you are going north on the trail, take a right at the road and go past the highway. Take a right on the first street after and you will see it.

Doc
11-09-2008, 11:26
When I was doing section hikes in that area I stayed at the Econolodge-hiker rates. Had a great shuttle from a local Trail Angel. Can't recall his name now but he is well known by the Econolodge folks. I have also been shuttled by the guy at the outfitters just down the road. I particularly enjoyed his dog Sidney who must have been named after my hometown here in Maine.