PDA

View Full Version : Looking for hiking buddies in East TN...

Flatlands Girl
11-09-2008, 10:15
I am trying to find some friends to go hiking with in the East TN area...I am frorm FL, but came here for 2 years to take care of my mother, that is when I truly fell in love with these mountains...anyhow, I went back home, but fate has brought me back here until the summer of 09. I would like to meet up with some people in the vicinty who can show me some new areas. I live in the Cherokee National forest, just near the Unicoi Mountains and have done some hiking here with my dog, Bailey, but I would like to venture out a bit further and for a bit longer than a couple of nights, just do not want to go it alone. Any takers? I have looked into the groups in the Knoxville/ Chattanooga area, but I was wondering if someone may be closer? I am going to post this in a few different areas and see what happens...Thanks! :rolleyes:

BumpJumper
11-09-2008, 17:02
Flatlander,
Go to the forum for hooking up. That may be better for you to find a hiker.

Flatlands Girl
11-09-2008, 17:17
I posted there too, just today.
Thanks again, Bumpjumper...I am glad you are feeling better....:)

akaGrace
12-28-2008, 21:07
Hi Flatlands Girl, I'm in E. TN. I'm just off of 40 E. at #415. It takes me about 45 -60 min. to get to Gatlinburg and about 30 minutes to the Waterville exit where the A.T. crosses. Right now, I'm recovering from an ankle and heel fracture but would love to get back out and get back in shape just as soon as the drs. are done with me. Email or IM at [email protected] anytime. I'd be glad to give you a shuttle anytime you are hiking in the area or just meet for lunch and talk trail and shop for gear until I'm healed up and ready to pack again.

Tennessee Viking
12-28-2008, 21:25
I am trying to find some friends to go hiking with in the East TN area...I am frorm FL, but came here for 2 years to take care of my mother, that is when I truly fell in love with these mountains...anyhow, I went back home, but fate has brought me back here until the summer of 09. I would like to meet up with some people in the vicinty who can show me some new areas. I live in the Cherokee National forest, just near the Unicoi Mountains and have done some hiking here with my dog, Bailey, but I would like to venture out a bit further and for a bit longer than a couple of nights, just do not want to go it alone. Any takers? I have looked into the groups in the Knoxville/ Chattanooga area, but I was wondering if someone may be closer? I am going to post this in a few different areas and see what happens...Thanks! :rolleyes:I know of a couple small groups around the Hiawasee and Ocoee River areas. Also check with Benton MayKaye Trail Assocation, though they are based in Atlanta, they have a number of members around the Unicois.

Tenacious Tanasi
01-12-2009, 00:23
I am trying to find some friends to go hiking with in the East TN area...I am frorm FL, but came here for 2 years to take care of my mother, that is when I truly fell in love with these mountains...anyhow, I went back home, but fate has brought me back here until the summer of 09. I would like to meet up with some people in the vicinty who can show me some new areas. I live in the Cherokee National forest, just near the Unicoi Mountains and have done some hiking here with my dog, Bailey, but I would like to venture out a bit further and for a bit longer than a couple of nights, just do not want to go it alone. Any takers? I have looked into the groups in the Knoxville/ Chattanooga area, but I was wondering if someone may be closer? I am going to post this in a few different areas and see what happens...Thanks! :rolleyes:

Hey Flatlands Girl,

I live halfway between Knoxville and Chattanooga. I would love to go out on hikes. Please send me a PM and we'll swap more specific information.

rbrfuture
09-19-2009, 11:05
Hey there! I've seen you on Women's Hiking too! I'm hiking the Benton Mackaye in October this year. Are you still around or back in FL? I need to get to Davenport Gap Oct 10 from Knoxville Greyhound. Any ideas? Do you want to hike with me for a section? I'll pick up a maildrop at Coker Creek and would like to meet up with someone.
Mssnglnk/Regina

Explorenaturebyfoot
11-04-2009, 13:11
I live in East Tn and looking to hike local trails with other women. Areas around GSMNP as well. Just email me and maybe we can hike a few trails.

robin31
07-16-2010, 21:27
I'm in Seymour..off Wed, Thurs, and friday..sent me a PM.