PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Guest Speakers...

mdionne
11-09-2008, 10:43
This what a friend emailed to me...

"I'm in the beginning stages of creating a statewide "green" campsite program. With thematic programming throughout the weekend that it's set-up. Most EE's offer a guest speaker, video, slideshow presentation one night for the campers. I'd like to give them several options that fit into the "green" campsite theme. I thought it would be really cool to offer a speaker who has hiked the AT. Maybe one that would show pictures they took, environmental good and bad things they saw and just their overall impressions of the hike/trail. So to the question....

Do you know anyone or any organization that I could contact about AT speakers?"

Are there any thru hikers around the Harrisburg, Pa area that might like to give a talk on their experiences on the trail?

Yahtzee
11-09-2008, 11:09
I would contact the Susquehanna Appalachian Trail Club. I'm from Harrisburg, living in Philly at the moment, and would be glad to help but don't have a program/slideshow to give and my environmental knowledge is fairly low. If you would like to contact me for further info, just send me a private message and I will get back to you.

Chaco Taco
11-09-2008, 18:56
Aldha??

Blissful
11-09-2008, 20:13
I would love to talk - but it's a four hour drive for me. Plus expenses. :(

ki0eh
11-10-2008, 10:31
I would contact the Susquehanna Appalachian Trail Cub.

http://www.satc-hike.org/contact.htm

Probably best if the person directly with the need makes that contact. I can think of several individuals who may be able to fill the bill depending on the relative emphasis desired.

Summit
11-10-2008, 14:20
You might not want to limit your speaker qualifications to only those who have hiked the entire AT. There are many of us who have not been able to afford that luxury due to family/job commitments, but who have many years of experience on the AT and many other trails of the world. Just a thought. :)