PDA

View Full Version : AT Photo Project....

Tenacious Tanasi
03-30-2004, 01:31
I haven't seen anything posted on Whiteblaze about this (but I prolly overlooked it & will find it as soon as I post this...lol). Anyhow, I just wanted to post the info here so that if anyone wants to get in on the project they have time to see what is left to take.

The gist of it is this... on May 30, 2004 there will be a volunteer on each section of the AT to take photos that will be used in photo book that will be sold with 100% of the profits going to ATC.

To get more details on how to participate with & etc concerning the project, please go to the following website... http://demo.atphotoproject.com/index.php or email Scamp at [email protected]

Tenacious Tanasi
03-30-2004, 01:38
See...as soon as I posted this I found Scamp's posting. Oh, well... :jump

attroll
03-30-2004, 01:39
I did not hear about this project until today. I just went over and checked it out a little bit ago. I was going to post something here about it but it looks like you beat me to it. Thanks for posting and letting use all know.

Tha Wookie
03-30-2004, 01:56
I've got my section and ready to go! Great project!

www.thawookie.com/abcsite (http://www.thawookie.com/abcsite)

Tenacious Tanasi
03-30-2004, 02:00
ATroll, great minds think alike! lol ;)

Everyone...you can see from the website that there are still several sections of the trail in the northern states that need a volunteer to cover it. So, please check out the trail sections and see if there is any way that you can contact anyone who may be interested if you can't.

I'm on the back up list since someone beat me to my section in Tennessee that I wanted. This way if someone in Tennessee cancels at last minute, then I can cover for them. So, if anyone still wants to help out, but there isn't a free local section, see if Scamp can put you down as a back up for your state or area.

Also, check with Scamp to see if someone would like help on their section. There are some pretty long sections (tho I believe the average is 10.28 miles). There are several folks that are doing a buddy system thang and getting the bigger sections covered by more than one person to make it a little easier.

Anyone know any possible publishers??? Those of you who may be from the literary world might be able to help out by supplying publisher names and info to Scamp.

2XL
03-30-2004, 07:50
I was on the trail last week, when out of the blue I remembered this project. I could not remember who to contact though, so thank you for bringing this up. I was be able to sign up for the last section in CT. Hopefully I'll get it.

I got my section. :banana From CT4 at Cornwall Bridge to US7/CT112

2XL

mdjeeper
03-30-2004, 13:24
the last word that i got was that no publisher had been secured as of the end of Feb. I got my model release form (have to make sure to get that moose's sig since i am shooting up in NH)(woohoo) and some other stuff in the mail couple weeks ago. Dont have the addy off the top of my head, but I would say if you are interested, even if the section you are interested in doing is already taken, might not hurt to go out and take some pics anywho.. never know the person who was going to do that section might wind up being sick, car breaks down, etc..

attroll
04-01-2004, 03:48
I just signed up for a section in Maine. I picked the Jo-Mary Rd.(R) - Logging Rd. (R). I hope I get something back confirming that I got it. Hey maybe some of you other Mainers should join in with me and Tink when we do this together. We could make this a fun get togehter. Of course providing that I get this section.

Saluki Dave
04-01-2004, 22:00
I'm signed up for Mollie's Ridge to Derek Knob in the Smokies. What a great excuse to go hiking! Looking forward to seeing you all out there.

Tripod
04-01-2004, 22:35
Hi Shelly,

Which section did you want? I signed up for the piece from Viking Mtn (Camp Creek Bald) to Flint Mtn shelter. I'm looking forward to the trip and I'm sure it will be a real challenge to do this secion in one day. maybe if I start REAL early....

Good Luck

Hikerhead
04-01-2004, 23:30
I got lucky, I have the McAfee's Knob to Lamberts Meadow section. Since I didn't want to screw this section up I asked Scamp to team me up with someone that knows more about photograghy than myself so he found Cpt Kirk from Greensboro to help me out. We're going to start at opposite ends and do a key exchange in the middle when we meet up. That should give us a chance to get the better views in both the morning and evenning light.

There's still a lot of sections left in Va.

Sign up for a section and go take some pictures. You were probably going to be out there hiking anyway.

2XL
05-11-2004, 08:08
I just wanted to bring this current. There are still sections that need to be covered in VA,PA,NH and Maine.

2XL