PDA

View Full Version : Worthington Bakery Rt. 206 trailhead parking

stillbill
11-09-2008, 17:08
Hi, I ended a section hike @ Rt. 206 in New Jersey some years ago and am thinking about picking it up there in the near future. I'm wondering about parking nearby if possible and heading out from there. Anyone familiar with parking in this area? Thanks, Stillbill

Toolshed
11-09-2008, 17:19
Yes, Sunrise Mountain Road is right across 206 from the bakery. Go up there 100 yards and you will find the "new" AT parking lot on the left. Really quite nice and spacious.

STEVEM
11-09-2008, 17:59
Worthington Bakery is now known as Mo Jo's. Toolshed is correct about the parking. Your car should be safe, the lot is patrolled frequently by The New Jersey State Park Police.

DapperD
11-09-2008, 19:47
Worthington Bakery is now known as Mo Jo's. Toolshed is correct about the parking. Your car should be safe, the lot is patrolled frequently by The New Jersey State Park Police.This is known as Stokes State Forest. Very nice forest filled with wildlife. Used to ride through the area with my girlfriend and son alot, saw a few bears even. However, as nice as it is here, don't let your guard down about the security of your vehicle. I have just read N.J. is cutting the park ranger's hours in a lot of the state parks for the weekends, and I believe I read Stokes State Forest is one. The forest will be open, but there will be little to no ranger activity(maybe just regular policing), so don't just assume your vehicle is safe. Also, even though it is a seemingly safe lot, and there are usually other's, it's close proximity to the highway makes for a little more concern.

entirelynutz
11-10-2008, 08:41
Here's a listing of area parking with Google map links:

http://rohland.homedns.org/at/state/state_detail/AT_state_detail.aspx?stateID=3%20&sectionID=25

http://rohland.homedns.org/at/state/state_detail/AT_state_detail.aspx?stateID=3%20&sectionID=26

stillbill
11-13-2008, 16:12
Thanks guys ,I haven't been up in that area in years. I really appreciate the updated info. Stillbill