PDA

View Full Version : Lost dog...

Yukon
11-10-2008, 11:21
Just putting this out there in case the owner searches this site at all.

There was a sign at the general store in Woodford, Vermont that my girlfriend and I saw yesterday about a lost Black tick hound, last seen south of Rt. 9 on the AT/LT. I don't know when the sign was put up but we saw the dog on thursday, November 6th at around 4:00 PM about a mile north of the Glastenbuy summit/firetower on the AT/LT. He just barked at us and then ran off. I wish I knew the dog was missing so I could have tried to help call him in. Don't know if this information helps but i wanted to put it out there at least...

berninbush
11-10-2008, 11:29
Didn't the sign have contact information so you could call the owner?

Yukon
11-10-2008, 11:36
Yeah I got their number and gave them a call but the voice mail message I got was odd, I couldn't make out what it said. So I just wanted to put what I knew out there just by some chance they were to do some internet searching.

berninbush
11-10-2008, 12:27
Very good of you. I hope they find their dog, or that someone else gives him a good home.

sheepdog
11-10-2008, 12:44
At the very least I hope the dog has a collar with a phone number on it. The micro chip is a great investment if you want your dog back.

Yukon
11-10-2008, 13:16
Yeah he had a collar and looked very healthy so I'm sure he has a fighting chance. Up on glastenbury summit your about 10 miles from the nearest road so he has traveled a bit. He was a good looking dog...

Jorel
11-10-2008, 14:36
you sure it was ot blue tick? My son lost and found his blue tick in that area over the course of 4 days. thanks. I read him the riot act about it not being chipped and tagged...kids these days. Like most of our readers here, I had to walk up hill, both ways, buck naked, in the snow, to school when I was his age.

Yukon
11-10-2008, 15:36
It could very possibly have been a blue tick, it was raining and I only saw him for about 15 seconds at a distance of around 40-50 feet (estimate). I really thought the sign at the store had said black tick but maybe I read it too fast.

Yukon
11-10-2008, 15:45
you sure it was ot blue tick? My son lost and found his blue tick in that area over the course of 4 days. thanks. I read him the riot act about it not being chipped and tagged...kids these days. Like most of our readers here, I had to walk up hill, both ways, buck naked, in the snow, to school when I was his age.

Well I see your from Grand Rapids, and the phone number listed on the sign had a 616 area code which is Grand Rapids so I'm guessing that this is the same dog. Is your son's dog named Ari? That was on the sign as well. If it's the same dog I'm glad to hear that he has been found and back with the owner.