PDA

View Full Version : MATC annual meeting

attroll
03-30-2004, 14:41
The Maine Appalachian Trail Club (MATC) is having there annual meeting this Saturday at the University of Farmington. All you Mainers need to come and check it out.

I offered to bring the movie "2000 Miles to Maine" for a viewing but the president said if I could bring a TV and DVD he would be more then happy to set it up in a corner or someplace for viewing during lunch or after the meeting. But I don't have a portable TV or DVD player. He is still looking to see if we can get something though.

TJ aka Teej
03-30-2004, 15:02
http://www.matc.org/annual.htm

We're supposed to open up our place in Old Orchard for the summer next weekend, but I'm going to try to get up to Farmington!
Anyone else going? Weary? Walkin' Wally?

edit: Not going to make it, have a great time everyone!

walkin' wally
03-31-2004, 11:48
Yes, my wife and I are going. I finally got a day off that matches with the meeting date. I would like to meet you and attroll and weary. I hope to buy a new guide book at the meeting and talk to my trail overseer. This is the beginning of the season for us. I can't wait to get up to the Rainbow Lake area. We hope to hike the Bemis and Baldpate areas to finish the Maine AT this year.

Walkin Wally :sun

attroll
03-31-2004, 11:57
I plan on being there. Don got back to me and they have arranged for a TV and DVD player to be in the lobby. So I am going to bring "2000 Miles to Maine" for viewing. It will be ackward to show it in the lobby. But I made the effort.

Does anyone have or know the trail maintainer for the Andover area. I would like to find out who has the Surplus Pond section. If you have a phone number or email address for the person please let me know. The overseer would be even better.

Look forward to meeting you Wally. Met you once already TJ. But hopefully I will see you again. Also hoping Walking Home will be there.

walkin' wally
04-01-2004, 06:35
Hi Attroll,

I think the overseer for that area is Milt Wright. The asst. overseer is Paul Johnson. A trail maintainer has been selected for the East B Hill road to Surplus Pond. There is more info on the MATC website. It is under the MATC Trail Overseer Reports on the left column. Hope this helps.

Walkin Wally

Mr. Clean
04-01-2004, 08:08
I'm having surgery on my sinus's the day before and I doubt I'll feel up to it. Hoping to make other MATC events later on.

weary
04-01-2004, 11:01
I'll be in Farmington for the annual MATC meeting in several capacities, trail maintainer, MATC director, MATC newsletter editor, MATC representative on the Maine Appalachian Trail Land Trust, hiker, 25-plus year MATC member, Maine Chapter AMC representative on the AMC "Maine Woods Initiative"....

Weary

attroll
04-01-2004, 11:23
Hi Attroll,

I think the overseer for that area is Milt Wright. The asst. overseer is Paul Johnson. A trail maintainer has been selected for the East B Hill road to Surplus Pond. There is more info on the MATC website. It is under the MATC Trail Overseer Reports on the left column. Hope this helps.

Walkin Wally
I looked on the MATC site and you are right it is Paul Johnson. But I don't see an email or any contact infromation on him anywhere on the site. I was not looking to take over any section. I was wondering if the section where people camp at Surplus Pond has ever had any tent platforms put in there. I have not been there for about two years but I remember how it use to be. I was going to offer to build and put in a couple of tent platforms for that area. I need first to see if any have ever been put in. Then I need to get permission to do it. I is just an idea that is all. I am sure they will come back and say they don't want any there. But the area is really beet up and it would lesson the enviromental impact there. I just thought I would offer and see if anything would come of it.