PDA

View Full Version : Your chance to contribute to an AT play!

Filadelfia Greenberg
11-12-2008, 14:27
Hey guys. I've mentioned this before, but I'm a playwright by trade and now that I've finished my 2000 miles, I'm in the process of writing a play about the trail based on my experiences and stories that I've heard. Anyway, I'm hoping to have a completed rough-draft by the end of November, and possibly have a reading at Trail Days in a year or so (very tentative). I've easily gotten enough material based on my own experiences, but I thought it might be a good idea to open some of it up to the hiking community at large. So if you'd like to share stories of your trail experience (good, bad, and ugly) post 'em here. I can't guarantee that I'll use all of them (or any of them for that matter) and I may change/fuse some stories to make them fit my play (as it is, most definitely a work of fiction) but who knows, if this thing takes off you might see your story, or part of your story in there somewhere (and that would be cool imho) :)

Gray Blazer
11-12-2008, 14:40
Would that be off off Broadway?

Gray Blazer
11-12-2008, 14:58
Are you the Filadelphia I met at Wayah Bald two weeks ago? If so, I posted your pic in my WB Gallery. An AT Play? Why not?

Filadelfia Greenberg
11-12-2008, 17:48
Yeah, that was me! I'll go look for the pic now, thanks :) At this point I'm not sure where the show would be produced. I'm more or less hoping it'll get me into gradschool. One of my previous plays is currently being considered for production at Actors Theatre of Louisville's 2009 Humana festival of New American Plays. I doubt they'll pick it, but if they do, that would be a terrific start to my career.