PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever try this?

BumpJumper
11-13-2008, 23:17
I saw some carton milk in the powder milk section. It is in like those little juice boxes.
Has anyone ever tried them? Good?

Grinder
11-14-2008, 00:03
It's "long life milk" most likely.
I'm in new Zealand now. the stuff is common here. went through a quart last week. It tasted fine. no blah reconstituted powdered milk tate. (which you don't have anyway if you are used to skim and use cold water.)

HTH
Tom/grinder

adventurousmtnlvr
11-14-2008, 00:13
I am NOT a vegetarian lol but I did go into one of those stores for healthier things and a lady that worked there said it tastes horrible (she was working up to it in fact but still didn't like it so I didn't waste my money) ... so I guess it's what one can tolerate or perhaps just what you are used to. In Germany when I lived there they didn't have normal milk even in stores .. it was all from goats which "I" didn't care for but most loved. So you taste it and let US know, LOL ... and take pics if you make a face, LOL ... probably you'll like it (my taste buds are weird) lol

Wise Old Owl
11-14-2008, 00:20
They are ok it just once you open in the field you have to drink it all - I posted Land - O - Lakes mini MOO MOO's for Tea. If that is what you are looking for otherwise head for Walmart walk into the Latino food section or International and look for NIDO it's awesome. I now use it for bread making.

Dicentra
11-14-2008, 00:52
Are you talking about the ones that look like juice boxes? Shelf stable milk?? I keep my backpacker pantry stocked with the chocolate ones for my toddler daughter (for hikes). There are also so versions available, but she doesn't like those as much.

I don't drink milk, but the kidling likes them. :)

Farr Away
11-14-2008, 17:11
Tastes like milk. High coolness factor for the little ones. I took a couple along for my 5-year-old's first overnight hike. When we got home, he didn't want the milk from the refrigerator; he wanted another shelf-stable milk.

GeneralLee10
11-14-2008, 19:11
I have used them a lot on my travels from FL to AK and on car camping trips. It is an Ultra High Temp Milk it is very good cold or warm. The name is Parmalat there is three types I know of.

Seeker
11-15-2008, 15:09
we used to get issued shelf-stable milk with our field rations when i was stationed in germany in the late 1980s. the plain was 'just ok'. we fought over the chocolate flavored kind. it was especially good cold. even the plain was good if it was cold enough.