PDA

View Full Version : How is Hammock Hanger?

BumpJumper
11-16-2008, 16:09
She had surgery Friday didnt she?:confused:

papa john
11-16-2008, 16:12
She posted an update over on Sgt Rock's site. Short version:

As far as the surgery itself, I was sick as a dog from the morphine and Oxycontin but the leg didn't hurt all that much. Today the swelling is down and I am relaxing on the couch.

Hammock Hanger
11-16-2008, 16:26
I'm up and hobbling around I'm not much for crutches or a walker... I need to exercise every hour anyway, straightening and bending. I have stopped all pain meds as I just get nauseated.

I'm doing okay. The doctor repaired the meniscus, sanded down the spurs and fixed something to do with a ligament. I hoping this helps.

warraghiyagey
11-16-2008, 16:28
She had surgery Friday didnt she?:confused:

I'm doing okay.

Sounds like she's doing OK. :):p

mudhead
11-16-2008, 16:30
Spirits up. You are not the only one that got barfy from that med.

There are others...

Big smile now, you have new racing stripes(scars) to show off.

Hammock Hanger
11-16-2008, 17:16
Big smile now, you have new racing stripes(scars) to show off.

:p

BumpJumper
11-16-2008, 17:28
Sue, I was on some crap called diloted or something like that. I threw up all day, all night. Finally I took myself off it and felt fine.:mad:

Glad to hear you are up and about.
Check out the video of Tami and Chris on the FT section.:D

StarLyte
11-16-2008, 17:44
I'm real sensitive to opiates as well, Sue.

Real glad you're okay, and real glad to see you here.

stumpknocker
11-16-2008, 20:36
Hammock Hanger....has it already been two weeks since I was at your house?? :eek:

I was thinking you were having your surgery this coming week, but I guess I was wrong....can you buleeeeeve that?? :)

Glad to hear that you are up and walking around. :clap

I'll be looking forward to the next time we get to walk together. :)

Tinker
11-16-2008, 23:49
Get well, HH. :)

Hammock Hanger
11-17-2008, 08:51
Hammock Hanger....has it already been two weeks since I was at your house?? :eek:

I was thinking you were having your surgery this coming week, but I guess I was wrong....can you buleeeeeve that?? :)

Glad to hear that you are up and walking around. :clap

I'll be looking forward to the next time we get to walk together. :)

It's been 2 weeks. I miss you.;)
Hope all is going well and that "your plan" is falling into place.:sun

Blue Jay
11-17-2008, 09:18
I'm doing okay. The doctor repaired the meniscus, sanded down the spurs and fixed something to do with a ligament. I hoping this helps.

Very very glad to hear this. If there is one thing doctors do well it's cut. I have a friend who had to have both knees replaced due to an accident. Today he can out hike me. What you say comes true, please do not say you hope, you know you will be completely healed.

Hammock Hanger
11-17-2008, 11:50
Very very glad to hear this. If there is one thing doctors do well it's cut. I have a friend who had to have both knees replaced due to an accident. Today he can out hike me. What you say comes true, please do not say you hope, you know you will be completely healed.

Law of attraction....

I KNOW I WILL BE OKAY AND DO WHATEVER MY HEART DESIRES....:D

Gray Blazer
11-17-2008, 11:55
Keep on keepin on. After almost 3 years since my ACL replacement, the knee is feeling good. I got stabbed in the knee 2 months ago and it cut a lot of the nerves and feels numb again, but, they are growing back now.

BumpJumper
11-17-2008, 14:32
So the wife finally let you have it huh Gray? :D:D

Gray Blazer
11-17-2008, 14:38
So the wife finally let you have it huh Gray? :D:D
She is Puerto Rican but it wasn't her. All I can say is that I've finally been in a knife fight and lived to tell about it and it sucks.

girlnextdoor
11-17-2008, 15:06
Glad to see you're in good spirits, HH :)

Blissful
11-17-2008, 16:07
Sounds good, take care of yourself!!

cowboy nichols
11-17-2008, 16:13
Glad to hear your doing well ---you can add another H hopping hammock hanger LOL

Bare Bear
11-17-2008, 18:10
Keep on keeping on HH. It looks like mid December NOBO on the FT from Gold Head so far............I will keep you posted so keep your pack ready.

Gray Blazer
11-17-2008, 19:07
Keep on keeping on HH. It looks like mid December NOBO on the FT from Gold Head so far............I will keep you posted so keep your pack ready.
I want to hike with you or shuttle if needed. That's my neck of the woods.

mudhead
11-18-2008, 17:50
You jumping rope yet?

Hammock Hanger
11-18-2008, 19:24
You jumping rope yet?

Not skipping rope just yet. Still a bit of swelling going on. However, I did drive today and I actually walked with only a slight limp. Each day I get better and better...:sun

tom_alan
11-18-2008, 19:55
Great to hear how well you're doing ~ Keep it up!:sun

archy
11-18-2008, 20:01
She is Puerto Rican but it wasn't her. All I can say is that I've finally been in a knife fight and lived to tell about it and it sucks.

Welcome to the; I survived a knife fight club. Congratulations on your victory. Yes it does suck

Hikerhead
11-18-2008, 20:01
Good to hear that the operation went well and that you're on the road to recovery. Pretty soon you'll be doing 20 mile days like the ol' HH I knew way back when.

Hammock Hanger
11-18-2008, 20:14
Good to hear that the operation went well and that you're on the road to recovery. Pretty soon you'll be doing 20 mile days like the ol' HH I knew way back when.

Not sure about 20 mile days, I think some of those could have been what got me into this situation in the first place. Once I am able to get back on the trail my new attitude is s-l-o-w. After all I am suppose to be out there enjoying myself why is it I always have to move so fast... Of course when you get out of the hammock at 5:30 in the morning I can still hike s-l-o-w and get in 20 mile days.

Hope you enjoyed your days off and got in some fun stuff. Sorry about the cancelled hike.

buff_jeff
11-18-2008, 20:23
Glad to hear it went well!

Hammock Hanger
11-20-2008, 16:54
Saw the dr today for post-op check up. He was amazed that I was not using a walker or crutches and that I am taking no pain meds. He was impressed with my range of motion. All that said he stressed that I don't over do things just because I feel good. There is still swelling and things inside the knee need to heal. He is putting me on PT. To start out slow and build up. He asked me if I had a hike planned and I said if all goes well I should be on the trail in PA in MAY. He felt that was doable and wished me well!!!! YIPEEE!!!!

tom_alan
11-20-2008, 21:37
He asked me if I had a hike planned and I said if all goes well I should be on the trail in PA in MAY. He felt that was doable and wished me well!!!! YIPEEE!!!!

That is GREAT to hear that!!:banana:banana:banana

ki0eh
11-20-2008, 22:08
But did you show him where in PA? http://www.hike-sst.org/highlights.htm :D

Hammock Hanger
11-20-2008, 22:41
But did you show him where in PA? http://www.hike-sst.org/highlights.htm :D

If I wasn't excited before I am now!!! How beautiful. I can't wait to do the steps. Hopefully they are up and not down. :D

ki0eh
11-20-2008, 22:43
NOBO's up. You're in luck...

Grampie
11-21-2008, 10:24
Hi Sue..Glad it went well..Happy trails, have a good Thanksgiving..

Hammock Hanger
11-21-2008, 17:15
NOBO's up. You're in luck...

I may need to pick your brain a little before May. If I remember there was a stretch in there that resupply was a bit hard. I don't have my book with me but I think it was between Green??? SP and a small town. A lot of wilderness and WMA. I think I had planned to walk to some State Park near a boy scout camp and send a box but can't remember at the moment. Before spring I'll find out from you if you have any other ideas.

Can't wait for spring!!!!:sun

ki0eh
11-21-2008, 18:07
That's right, slim pickings north of Greenwood Furnace SP, especially because I believe Poe Valley SP facilities will still be closed this spring.

The MST resupply info got booted from the printed guidebook that's being printed now, and will have to get posted to a website as a replacement. I recently learned of another resource in that area and just sent myself a reminder to possibly get that hooked into the resupply guide update - thanks for the reminder!

mudhead
11-29-2008, 20:38
How's the hopscotch tournament going?

You doing any weird rehab stuff? Always looking for odd ways to strengthen knees.

Hammock Hanger
11-29-2008, 22:41
How's the hopscotch tournament going?

You doing any weird rehab stuff? Always looking for odd ways to strengthen knees.

Nothing too weird at the moment, just the usual strengthening exercises.

Cookerhiker
11-30-2008, 16:17
Sounds like things are going well. Don't overdo anything!

Hammock Hanger
11-30-2008, 21:44
Sounds like things are going well. Don't overdo anything!
You still going to hike with me a little this Spring.... if all is well???