PDA

View Full Version : Suwanee section

GeneralLee10
11-16-2008, 23:21
If one were to hike the Suwanee section of the FT for the week is there a spot to resupply at in the mid. As I don't want to carry food for 7 days and mite want a beer to kill some time at camp. I will get the maps on order and become a member tomorrow. Plan on doing this hike in a few weeks if not sooner it will 1 of several shake down hikes for my Thru on the AT in 09.:banana

Gray Blazer
11-17-2008, 10:06
Let us know when and where and I'll join you. Leaves should be looking pretty in a coupla weeks. This is the perfect time of year to be hiking in NFL. There is a road crossing near Live Oak that has a convenience store nearby. Hitch hike at your own risk.

jnetx
11-17-2008, 10:59
If one were to hike the Suwanee section of the FT for the week is there a spot to resupply at in the mid. As I don't want to carry food for 7 days and mite want a beer to kill some time at camp.

There is a convenience store opposite the entrance to Suwannee Music Park - wasn't a great deal of resupply when we were there last New Year's but they did have beer!

You could get a meal at the Music park if you hit it on the right day/time. They have buffet breakfast on weekends, and evening meals some days. You'd have to call them for specifics. You might also ask if they would hold a resupply package for you at the office there.

There is also a small campground right off the trail at Alapaha. Not sure how far you're going, but the campground host there might also hold a package for you.

Have a great hike

BumpJumper
11-17-2008, 14:25
I may be interested in a section as well. I love north florida this time of year.

Gray...are you ignoring me Mr. Big Pants?:confused::D I sent you a email. Didnt you read it yet?

Gray Blazer
11-17-2008, 14:40
I may be interested in a section as well. I love north florida this time of year.

Gray...are you ignoring me Mr. Big Pants?:confused::D I sent you a email. Didnt you read it yet?
Whoops, I'll read it tonite when I get home. Don't feel special. I have 100s of emails I haven't opened.:eek:

BumpJumper
11-17-2008, 14:53
Too late. It was for LAST week dude! :D:D

Gray Blazer
11-17-2008, 15:01
Too late. It was for LAST week dude! :D:D
Sorry about that, chief. :o

GeneralLee10
11-18-2008, 19:52
Ok so it took me more than a day to do it but it's done. I have now become a Member of the FTA today and got the map for Ellaville and Suwannee section. I will do some more plaining on getting time off from work. Want to do it the 1st or 2nd weekend in Dec. more the 1st do my child's birthday on the 12th.

jessearl
12-13-2008, 14:59
I posted a review here a while back on the Suwannee Section for the 20 miles west of Live Oak. May help you in your planning.