PDA

View Full Version : Indiana WBers-Get Togethers for the Remainder of the Year???

Gorp-Gobbler
11-17-2008, 20:37
Hey Fellow Hoosiers:

With the holiday seasons fast approaching, should we wait until after they're over to hold another get together or do you all want to go ahead and plan something for December? :-?

bigmac_in
11-17-2008, 21:26
Do you promise better weather this time? I don't go out in the cold rain unless it's a funeral.

dradius
11-18-2008, 10:40
It's either way for me, but I think there may be less cancellations and no shows if we wait until after Christmas. Is the plan to continue having the meetings at the same location?
And yeah, if you can make the weather better than this past Saturday I would really appreicate it :)

onesocktwin
11-18-2008, 11:58
GorpGobbler and I had a great hike last Saturday! It truly was not that cold or wet. I think we should meet in December. I need to get hiking miles to train for the Phoenix Marathon Jan 18, 2009. I'm willing to travel to other locations if someone has suggestions.

ofthearth
11-18-2008, 13:22
Are there any WBs in Ft Wayne? Will be there for Thanksgiving. Will buy the coffee at Panera ( 526 Coliseum Boulevard) for interesting AT tales.:rolleyes:

Gorp-Gobbler
11-18-2008, 19:26
It's either way for me, but I think there may be less cancellations and no shows if we wait until after Christmas. Is the plan to continue having the meetings at the same location?
And yeah, if you can make the weather better than this past Saturday I would really appreicate it :)

Do you promise better weather this time? I don't go out in the cold rain unless it's a funeral.

The location can be anywhere the group would like to meet. Perhaps it could be a nice restaurant in Bloomington, where bigmac_in could buy for everyone,:D or out on a trail.

I can't control the weather but they do make Gor-Tex and other rainproof garments.

Cmon guys! You aren't FAIR Weather Hikers are you? You're not going to let a little rain stop ya are ya?:D:D

bigmac_in
11-19-2008, 15:58
The location can be anywhere the group would like to meet. Perhaps it could be a nice restaurant in Bloomington, where bigmac_in could buy for everyone,:D or out on a trail.

I can't control the weather but they do make Gor-Tex and other rainproof garments.

Cmon guys! You aren't FAIR Weather Hikers are you? You're not going to let a little rain stop ya are ya?:D:D

If I'm driving to Georgia, or North Carolina to section hike on the AT - I don't care what the weather is. BUT - if I'm hiking in my own backyard, the weather is going to be decent. :sun That's all I'm sayin. :D I can wait for a decent day to hike in Brown County, cause I can be there in about 1/2 hour. I enjoy a little snow with cold on a hike, but won't put up with cold rain.

I'll buy breakfast if you want to come to Bloomington, then we can head down to Deam wilderness and hike some hills. See how easy I am to get along with? :rolleyes:

December is a busy month for me, but I could probably work a hike in the 13th-14th, or the 20th-21st. (Already have a hike planned for December 6th)

Big Mac

dradius
11-19-2008, 16:44
I was just teasing you about the weather. That isn't the (main) reason I didn't make it to the meeting. Although I have to say I can't argue much with bigmac's post. I'm not a fan of rainy day hikes either. But hey, I'm camping this weekend and it's supposed to be 25 Saturday night, give me some credit :)
Big Mac, your Dec. 6th hike doesn't happen to be in the Deam/Lake Monroe area does it?

bigmac_in
11-19-2008, 17:29
I was just teasing you about the weather. That isn't the (main) reason I didn't make it to the meeting. Although I have to say I can't argue much with bigmac's post. I'm not a fan of rainy day hikes either. But hey, I'm camping this weekend and it's supposed to be 25 Saturday night, give me some credit :)
Big Mac, your Dec. 6th hike doesn't happen to be in the Deam/Lake Monroe area does it?

No - I kind of wish it was. Heading north instead with some friends.